-=3=-

"and I thought she actually loved me. I was used as a tool! A goddamn tool! a product that will just make an income."

"But she would always say 'I love you'"

"Listen boy, and very closely...

Love is an easy thing to fake when you have trapped someone's heart."

__________________________________________________________

I don't like it here. I wanted to jump. I wanted to be free; but he wouldn't let me.

He? Who's "he"? I wondered and continued reading. 

He cried when he saw me. I've never seen him cry. I've only seen him smile. I can't remember a time when I've seen him frown. Not one. only smiling. for the 4 months I've known him he's already saved my life. 

He didn't know what to say. He just grabbed my sleeve and pulled me back and held me and cried. I felt my eyes water; It's hard not to cry when you see someone who means the world to you cry.

I closed the book. I shouldn't be reading this. This is wayyy too personal. 

...

But what would happen to to the book? Should I take it with me? Maybe I could the person who owned it? Maybe there would be more clues in the diary?

But... then I would have to read it.

But how else would I find it? I looked to the right and saw a candy store. It was pink themed, anything in there either white, pink, or a magenta-purpleish colour. I guess I could turn it in there, but what were the chances that they would go in there? I'll see if I can find a name.

I turned to a random page

I wonder what goes on in that  young mind of his. He's so cheerful, I wonder how he does it. He's always in his own little wonderland, which is good in a way, although he's spacing out deeper now, and more than usual

"Yoon." He called me

Yoon? Is that a nickname? I guess it would be weird to just shout his-their name randomly... especially because it doesn't even sound like a real name.

I guess I'll just turn it in to the candy shop...

...

My feet won't move. expected, when have I ever expected my body to listen to me?

If curiosity killed the cat, guess I'll have 8 more lives.

just one more page.

ONE more.

He then noticed... that Holly was sitting on his head! Ah, it was so cute. It was hard to tell who was the real puppy, both of them with dark fluffy and curly hair. When I asked him who was the real puppy, he threatened to kill me. A secret about him; he's strong; like six pack and all, unlike his personality. So I stopped talking.

I smiled to myself and chuckled. It sounds like there were also happy moments in their life. Even if I don't know "Yoon" I hope they're alright.

Ok... now let's go turn this in. 

...

C'mon feet! OBEY!

Well this is annoying. I decided to take the book. Yes, I know I shouldn't, but I want to see if I can find his name- well, that's a lie, I just want to hear more about "Yoon."

This time, I actually start to walk home.

_______________________________________________________

When I got home, I saw my dad, asleep on the couch with beer cans around him. I sighed and picked up the cans and threw them in the trash; as well as got him a blanket and cleaned the living room. I can't stand it when he's a mess like this.

I walk upstairs and finished most of my homework; before my eyes landed on the journal I had picked up earlier.

I took it out of my backpack and brushed off some of the dirt that it had. I looked at the first page again, but it looked like the letters had changed, or that I could make out more.

"---o---n--'s Dia--y

c----l 1-----6--------2 -- f---nd"

I've had one of these journals before, and by using common sense, the last line definitely says call (numbers) if found.

But, the numbers have been smudged, leaving only a one, a six, and a two.

I flipped to another random page.

He was heartbroken. I would be too. Imagine if a childhood friend had basically DIED? Wiped clean of any social memories... What if that happened to N?

Like the letter? What?!

I would die. Literally. There would be no more reason to live.

Jesus, "Yoon" has been through some stuff...