Ch.26 I love you

Time passed, about 2 months to be exact and I had finally gotten my cast removed. I brushed through my daughter's hair quickly as we got ready for the date we had with Lewis at the park. After we were done, we made our way out the door. Lewis was already at the park when we arrived and he was carrying something. I stared at the guitar bag that was slung over his shoulder.

"Hey" he greeted me with a peck on the lips. "And you must be Allison..." He mused as he crouched down. Allison covered her face with both hands. It was what she did whenever she met someone new. "Allison, be nice!" I reprimanded, but Lewis waved his hand. "No, it's okay. She'll say hi when she's ready" he said with a smile as he shifted the bag on his shoulder.

"Hey, what's with the guitar?" I asked curiously as we took a seat on my hill. He followed suit and sat beside me. "I wanted to play something for both of you..." he trailed off as he took it out. It was a wine colored, acoustic guitar with nylon strings. "It better not be the gummy bear song" I joked as he crossed his legs and positioned the guitar on his lap. "You caught me!" He gasped as he put his hand dramatically on his forehead.

"It's actually a song I've been practicing for a while and I want to play it for you..." he trailed off as he tuned the guitar. "I'd like to dedicate it to you" he said with a smile as he positioned his hands and began to play. The song was called So-So by the Red Store Bums. I couldn't stop blushing the entire time he played. It felt so surreal, like a dream where no one else existed but us.

"So, what did you think? I've been practicing it for a while now..." he trailed off embarrassed. "It was beautiful..." I managed to choke out. My throat was closing up with happiness. No one had ever dedicated a song to me, especially such a beautiful one. After that he played the SpongeBob theme song for Allison. Sure enough, little by little she began moving her hands away from her face. Eventually, she got up and pulled Lewis towards the jungle gym so he could push her on the swing.

They had a blast running and playing. By the time night fell, she had fallen asleep on his lap. After deciding it was time to head home, Lewis said he would take the bus. I offered to take him in my car instead since it was already dark. After dropping the baby off at the house with my mom, I picked up my car and drove him home. "Can you stay a little while longer?" He whispered as we pulled up to his house. He leaned in and kissed me from the passenger seat. "Okay..." I whispered as I kissed him back.

My mp3 was on shuffle and connected to the car radio. Soft music swirled around us as we kissed. After a few seconds, I pulled away just as the song that had been playing ended. "I know it's cheesy, but I want to dedicate a song to you as well..." I trailed off as I turned up the volume. "I think...if there's a song that can express how I feel right now, it's this one..." A Twist In My Story by Secondhand Serenade began playing softly.

"Hannah, is this really how you feel? About me, about us?" He asked, his eyes wide. I nodded timidly. My pulse accelerated as he placed a hand on my cheek. "L-Lewis, I have something I want to say but I'm not sure how to say it..." I began shyly. "May I go first?" He asked as he caressed my cheek with his thumb. "Okay..." I whispered.

"Hannah, these past few months have been amazing. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot but I can't take this anymore. I need you to know..." he whispered as he leaned in and kissed me gently. "I'm falling for you..." he whispered as he pulled away from the kiss. I could feel my cheeks turn crimson when he said that. "Hannah I... I think I love you" he whispered, his nose nudging mine. My eyes watered with joy. "Me too..." I whispered as I placed my hand on his cheek. "I love you too..." I confessed just before pulling him into another longing kiss.