chapter 22

Evelynn Brooks POV

I jumped under the shower after Matthew left my apartment. Last night we had been talking about our behavior in the office. We're going to keep it professional around people in the office and if were alone we can use each other's first name.

I washed my hair thinking about how much we had been through. He made mistakes but so did I and I'm happy I gave him another change and even if he screws up another time I want him to tell me and not wait until I find out. Even if it is bad I want him to trust me and I want to trust him.

I know it will be hard to keep those whores away from him but I will do it anyway. What if his ex-fiancée decides to come back and wants him back? Will he leave me or not? I took a towel off the top shelf and dried my body and hair.

I know he can get better than me but I want him. In those two months I really missed him and the memories I lost came back as dreams. He was just frustrated that I couldn't remember the moments between us. He is really the man Eric said he was. A sweet guy and a protective man.

I stood in front of my closet thinking about what I should wear and I took out my grey checkered A-line skirt with a black bell sleeved shirt, a grey bag and a pair of black stilettos. Because it is getting winter outside I decided to put on my long light grey coat that reaches above my knees and ends a few inches above the ground with a collar.

 Because it is getting winter outside I decided to put on my long light grey coat that reaches above my knees and ends a few inches above the ground with a collar

I made my way to the building on foot because I forgot to take my car home last night. The cold wind was blowing hard in my face making me shiver. The people around me were not all wearing coats or blazer to keep them warm but who am I to judge.

After a walk of 45 minutes I finally made it to the building. I greeted the guards with a nod and a smile as they returned it with an emotionless nod. I stepped inside and saw a woman being dragged out of the private lift of Matthew. She was screaming and trying to get out of their grip.

"let me go!!! I need to go and see my fiancé!!!" she yelled getting dumped outside on the street.

I made my way to his lift and pressed our floor. Last night he told me I needed to take his lift because he wanted me to. It is fine with me as the doors close I get a feeling something is not right about the lady and my boss. Why was she here?? What did she mean with fiancé??

All those questions kept bugging my thought as the doors open, I walk to my cabin to put down my bag tm my surprise Matthew was sitting in my chair with a sad face. My guts was right something is not right here. I walked up to him and waving a hand in front of him.

"Evelynn. I need to tell you something!" he said nervous grabbing my hands and pulled me closer.

"sure, tell me." I said trying to comfort him.

"Gracie, my ex- fiancée walked in my office about ten minutes ago and wants me back. Please don't be mad at me?" he said squeezing my hands.

Does he wants to break up with me or did something happen in that time but he asks me not to get mad so I promise him I won't. I nodded my head in yes and he took a deep breath.