English Teacher (pjm) Oneshot

"Repeat after me," I say, "Pur...ple."

"Parrrrpull?" Jimin tries to repeat.

I laugh quietly and tell him the pronunciation again. I say it slowly and clearly, hoping that he'll be able to say it correctly this time.

Slowly and steadily, he attempts again, "Parrrrplee."

"Ah, we'll have to add that to the 'keep practicing' list," I tell him in Korean as I take note of it.

He groans as he tousles his loose hair. He pouts and mumbles the word 'purple' repeatedly, trying to get it right. I gently fix his hair and pat it down, trying to get it back in its original form. He's so determined, it makes my heart warm and all happy.

"It's fine, Jimin-sshi. You can get it if you put your mind to it and keep practicing! English isn't an easy language, even native speakers like me still have trouble saying some things," I assure him with a soft smile.

"Mmm, I know. But, I just want to quickly be able to communicate with the international armys, you know?"

I nod, understanding where he's coming from. He's always been such a hard worker, he still makes time to learn English in his busy schedule. Even during our first lesson, he struggled a lot but didn't give up.

"Let's take a quick break, I don't want you to get too stressed out," I offer and stand up. "I'm going to get a drink, do you want anything?"

He looks up at me with bright, cheerful eyes and nods. I giggle, knowing that he wants a yogurt drink and I go to the kitchen to grab the drinks. I take it out of the fridge and go back to the living room where Jimin is waiting patiently on the couch. I hand him his drink and sit next to him.

"Thank you, Y/N-ah," he cheerfully says while taking a sip of it.

I pull the tab of my calpico drink and take a refreshing sip from it. We stay silent which causes me to daydream for a while. I'm brought back to reality when I heard a slight chuckle, followed by the sound of a camera going off.

"Yah, Y/N-ah! You look so funny!" Jimin laughs as he clutches his phone tight.

"Delete that!" I whine and put my drink down, ready to fight for the phone.

He faces his phone screen to me, showing my dazed face. I cover my face in an attempt to hide my embarrassed expression. I can't believe I let my guard down like that in front of him, now I'll always be wondering what he'd do with the picture! He continues to snicker for a while. After letting all of his laughter out, he finally calms down.

"You look so cute, there's nothing to be ashamed of!" He comforts in a cheerful tone

"Look at it! I'm not cute, I look like a gorilla that has been tranquilized or something-"

"Y/N-ah! No way, it reminded me of a puppy that's lost, and do you know how fluffy and adorable they look when they are?" He argues with a bright smile.