Nervous Anticipation

Now all they had to do was wait; they exited the stage on the backstage hands' proposal. The rest of it was a blur until they were suddenly in their dressing rooms. Leo couldn't even remember walking there. He supposed he had to have.

The moment they entered the room, Ryder's mother slammed them all into a big hug.

"I'm so proud of you! You did so well!" Leo smiled, his eyes bright as he hugged them all back.

"Now we just have to wait and see, the results as well as the recruiters who will soon come filing in!" Kevin jumped up and down in complete excitement. "The butterflies! Hooo," he breathed out, "I'm so nervous!" Kevin was not the only one, after the initial relief of finishing the performance faded, it had been replaced by a thick atmosphere of hope and shivering anticipation.

As time ticked by, the sound of the clock seemed almost deafening against the thick silence, as everyone anxiously awaited for the announcements. They came loudly and suddenly almost shocking Leo out of his skin.

"Starting in fourth place with a beautiful and meaningful song with upbeat dance that brought us all to tears. Contestants number 16!" The whole group was jumping up and down in such joy that they didn't even hear the other placements. Leo the loudest of them all.

"We did it! They liked it! I mean come on they loved it! Yes!" Leo was jumping up and down in circles with Kevin whose wild blonde locks crazier than normal as he clung to his friend. The six were practically crying with their overwhelming joy, and Terra was balling.

"My boys did it!" Everyone was practically in a frenzy, so loud and ecstatic that they barely heard the knock at the dressing room door. Terra thankfully did, her eyes still red with tears falling and a wide smile upon her face as the door opened. It revealed, a tall, 6' 3" man who though, physically looked intimidating, had the eyes of a kind man.

"Excuse me, this is the room for contestant group 16 right?" Terra nodded:

"Yes, and you are?"

"I am a talent scout that was invited to this event. May I speak with the boys?"

"Of course! Come in!" The man thanked Terra first before stepping in.

"As you have just heard, I would like to sign you to my company. We were actually looking for a talented group of boys such as yourselves and would love to help you on your journey to showing the world what you can do." Everyone seemed excited excepting right away and then thanking the scout, well almost everyone. Leo stood there, not sure whether to say anything. Nicholas helped him:

"Leo, what's up? Why the long face?" Leo decided it was about time for him to make his dreams known.

"Thank you sir for your generous offer, but I must decline. Please don't let that effect your offer to the others; however, though I wouldn't mind still writing for the group, I never myself hoped to become a star. I just wish to live my days out in happy peace. I'm sorry." The man waved his hand.

"Oh don't be sorry, that's perfectly fine, and my offer of course still stands for the others. I would not wish to pressure you into anything. Just know that if you ever change your mind, the offer still stands." Leo shook his head, eyes filled with confidence:

"Don't worry, I won't."