Chapter16: Goodbye

Harry was the first to open his eyes. He turned immediately to the face of his love as a sneaky worry invaded him. He knew everything was over but he could not help but worry ...

He leaned over the blonde's face and calmed down as he heard Draco's quiet, sleepy breathing. After kissing her on the lips, he got up to go to the shower. He preferred not to wake him up, letting him enjoy a real restful sleep.

As he was going to turn on the hot water tap, a knock knocked on his door. He made a gesture to leave but changed his mind, wishing to enjoy the moment of tranquility that the shower would offer him.

The water ran down his skin, drawing damp furrows on his skin. He closed his eyes and quietly savored the sense of protection it gave him.

A few minutes later, when he got out of the shower, he felt soothed. He wiped himself with one of the towels and crossed the living room, naked like a worm. He quickly got dressed in his room before sitting on the side of Draco's bed. He jumped at seeing that he was looking at him, a smirk on his lips.

- I want the same show every morning until my death, he whispered, teasing.

Blushing weakly, Harry kissed him tenderly before ordering him to get up, their lessons taking up that day. Draco made a slight grimace but got up immediately. Harry found himself regretting that his boyfriend was not sleeping as poorly as he was.

A body fell on them when they opened the door of the apartment to go out. Harry helped Draco lift the person up.

The young man's knees yielded and he fell to the ground. That's when they recognized him.

- To fart ! exclaimed Draco, bewildered.

The latter began to cry. Making sure no one had seen them, they brought him into their living room. When Peter was seated, Harry called a house elf to give him a big glass of water.

Peter accepted it and the goal in full. His body trembled with incredible power and his hands seemed about to let go of the glass at any moment. They sat around him and waited for Peter to calm down, but that did not happen. More and more worried, Harry lifted his face, just as he watched them. He jumped.

Peter's eyes were bloodshot, as if he'd screamed and cried all night, his hair was even more tangled than Harry's, and there were huge dark circles under his eyes. He had bruises everywhere and his lip was well wounded. He had nail marks on his face, he had surely grabbed his face with his hands.

Draco got up and went to get a towel that he soaked with cold water in the bathroom. He passed it over the brunette's face, which was startled with fear before recognizing Draco. He fell into his arms and began to cry more.

"He looks shocked," Harry said softly.

Draco nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Let's take him to Cho, she'll know what to do," Harry decided, unsure of himself.

It was Peter who answered him, in a voice interrupted by uncontrolled sobs.

- No, no, not my mother ... not my mother ... not my mother ...

- What's going on Peter? Draco asked, sitting him down correctly on the couch.

Peter gasped but his tears stopped. He anchored his eyes in those of the blonde and finally murmured, bowing his head.

- He just killed himself ... in front of me ... He told me he loved me ...

His voice broke and the crying started again.