Chapter 3

-Kat POV

"So you wanna talk about it?" I look away from my notes confused.

"Talk about what?" I ask.

"You and the look Santiago just gave me about 45 minutes ago."

Johnny says filling in an answer on the chemistry worksheet, the period was almost over and we had French next.

"Nope! But thanks for asking." I respond eager to avoid the topic.

"Kat everyone knows you two have tension, and he has made it very clear you're off limits."

He stops writing and turns to me.

"Tension? What tension? We we're friends and now were not."
I explain as though it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Then the rest of his sentence catches up to me.

"Wait, what? What do you mean I'm off limits?" I ask loudly and recieve a few glances.

I cover my mouth quickly and look away.

Nice Kat, like that does anything.

"Nothing, I just mean that he's very protective of you."

"He's always been that way but it's not like we're close anymore, the only time we talk is when he's mocking me."

I say, trying not sound hurt by the truth of my own words.

"Kat you're very oblivious," Johnny comments, continuing to write.

"Am not, I am very un-oblivious, I'm completely aware of my surroundings."

I say turning and getting up, the sound of broken glass echos through the room.

Spoke too soon. I look down at the shattered breaker and bend down to pick up the the pieces.

Five seconds later I hear Mr. Stolkwits yell, "Stop you'll cut yourself!"

I turn in suprise and fall back on my right hand to stay balanced, oh fuck... I think as a sharp pain resonates from my palm.

I look at where it's coming from and my mind goes blank.

****

"Hello Mummy( A/N yes, like the mummy, mummy), neda nndi nye mukwano gwange. Naffunye stitches kubanga nnesazze ku sommero. ( I'm with my friend. I got stitches because got cut at school.)"

I glance at Johnny apologetically, "Sorry." I mouth to him, "Mom I'm fine, I'll be home soon. Kale(ok) mummy, Bye mummy."

"Thank you so much Johnny, I'm so sorry you had to bring me to the Emergency Room." I blurt out.

"Hey relax, it got me out of French so no worries."

He laughs, "It's almost 6:00 lets get you checked out and get you home."

"Damn, how long was I out for? I remember waking up and begging them not to call an ambulance and then walking to your car from the nurses office."

I say trying to get my memory to function like normal.

"Yeah, when you got here we had to wait a few hours, you knocked out again after they started stitching you up. You're a baby when it comes to pain."

"No I'm not, I was just very sleepy..." I say sheepishly.

I am not necessarily a baby when it comes to pain, I just prefer to sleep through it. Or be unconscious during outs presence.

Ugh, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to have come here.