ONE ↦ Mind Games

"There is nothing more terrifying than a miracle" - Strucker

───── ─────

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

───── ─────

Wanda sat and watched as the avengers battled their own minds. She had seen what they had seen, felt what they felt. Their fear. Wanda, however, refused to feel guilty. They deserved this. She kept repeating that over and over in her head.

They deserve this. They deserve this. They deserve this.

Wanda refused to think about anything other than the pain they had caused her. Everything the 'worlds mightiest heroes' had cost her.

The boat they were currently battling was dark and damp, abandoned by previous workers. It was the perfect place for the fight taking place. It was unusually quiet, Ultron's robots had either been demolished or shredded by the Avengers, most of which were lying somewhere on the floor trapped in their minds.

Loads clunks rang out around the ship and the faint voice of Clint Barton could be heard.

Wanda slowly crept up behind him. Her red glow twirled around her hands, ready to force its way into the archers mind. But he sensed her coming. He span around before attaching a electrocuting arrow to her forehead, plunging her into immense pain.

She couldn't tell what was happening but she could hear her brothers voice. She was safe, as long as he was around, she was safe. Wanda could feel the wind blowing through her hair, and before she knew it she was outside, sitting on a metal box with her twin sitting in front of her, a concerned look on his face.

"What can I do?"

"I'm okay" she reassured him, however the pain was clear on her face.

"Let's go" He made attempts to get her to safety, however Wanda had another idea.

"No... I want to finish it." She said shifting her gaze to the wooded area not far from where her and her brother were sitting. She mad now, and she only wanted one thing. Unleash the beast. The Hulk...

The twins crept towards the tree line, trying their best to remain undetected. If they were spotted the whole plan may fail.

The faint throbbing in Wanda head returned and she paused as a spot of dizziness crossed her vision. She very clearly wasn't alright but she had to finish the plan.

The doctor was standing on the Quinjet ramp concern took over his features. The radio was cracking and it was hard to receive any sort of message.

The bushes around the jet started rustling and the scientist stepped back in surprise. There wasn't meant to be anyone around for miles. A red mist broke through the clearing and bee-lined straight for the jet.

Bruce began to panic and rushed back to the radio to try once around to get through to the team.

"Is anyone there?"

The twins stood and watched with humour in their expressions before moving towards the jet.

Wanda and Pietro sped away from the Quinjet. Escaping the green rage monster behind them. Wanda had used her visions to implant fear in the doctors mind, and the other guy paid a visit because of it. Thanks to Pietro's super speed they had gotten away before the hulk even got a glimpse of them.

Wanda knew her visions would cause the hulk to go on a rampage, but she kept repeating her little mantra in her head: They deserve this, They deserve this, They deserve this. But the innocent people the hulk would undoubtedly release his rage on didn't. She tried to focus on her own anger, refusing to let the guilt seep into her mind.

'They killed my parents, destroyed my home... They deserve this' she thought to herself, pushing away her feelings of remorse and guilt. She couldn't let her emotions get in the way of her revenge.

↦↦

I'm back! Enjoy this rewritten less cringey and more consistent version of The Witch