THREE ↦ Like robot like maker

"You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens" - The Joker

───── ─────

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

───── ─────

Pietro stood out of breath, leaning forward with his hands on his knees.

"I'm alright, I just need a second"

"I'm tempted not to give you one." The captains voice came from around the corner as the man himself appeared a second later.

Wanda ignored is hate-filled glare and his cold demeanour.

"The cradle, did you get it."

"Stark has is."

"No, he cannot get his hands on the gem. He will do anything to make things right." Wanda exclaimed.

"Stark come in. Stark? Anyone on comms?"

"Ultron doesn't know the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"

It had been several days since the train incident and Wanda had wanted to steer clear of both the Avengers and Ultron, however her brother had other ideas.

"Come on, we cannot Ultron kill everyone!" Had been his argument and Wanda's only argument was they needed a plan.

The twins had managed to find there way to the Avengers base, and at the door, was greeted with an unfamiliar face. A red skinned robot hovered at the door, slightly above the ground. Wanda couldn't remember having ever seen him before, so where did he come from?

The robot turned and disappeared into the building, leaving both the twins confused. They both rushed inside to find a complete and utter mess.

"The avengers are not here, if that is who you're looking for." A voice made both of the twins jump. They turned to find the red robot from outside.

"I am Vision." Wanda tried to pry into his head. "And I'm afraid I don't fancy any mind games right now. Terribly sorry."

Busted.

Wanda looked away, embarrassed she had been caught whilst Pietro continued the conversation.

"If the Avengers aren't here, then were are they?" He questioned Vision until he discovered both Ultron's plan, and the Avengers. They were about to leave the building when Wanda spoke up, for the first time since she entered the building.

"If the Avengers and Ultron are in Sokovia, then what are you still doing here. You were made to help destroy Ultron were you not?"

"I was left behind to find you..." And with that, Vision walked out the building, leaving two very confused Maximoffs behind him.

Wanda and Pietro hadn't been to this part of the city for a very long time. It had been years since they had roamed the city at all. Being experiments for HYDRA didn't offer a lot of freedom.

They were passing a crumbled building, one the twins recognised well. They saw something in the rubble and stop to look closer, Vision standing behind them. They sifted through the bricks until they found it. A shell, with STARK written on the side.

"Huh, look at that. It never did go off." Pietro chuckled whilst Wanda just stared at the rubble. The two days the twins spent under the bed, waiting for rescue, could've been avoided. If only they knew it was a fake.

Vision was confused and didn't understand what Pietro was talking about so he piped up.

"I would suggest moving away, sometimes shells do not explode for even days after they drop..." This time Pietro kept quiet and Wanda was the one to come up with a smart ass response.

"I don't think this shell will explode anytime soon"

"Why is that Wanda." Vision was becoming more and more confused.

"Because this shell has been here for over eleven years."

Vision stayed silent.

The twins turned away and walked over to were they knew the Avengers would be hiding.

↦↦

You have no idea how long it took to think of that title