SEVEN ↦ Stray

"They tell you to give up and are disappointed when you do, they tell you to fight and get mad when they lose" - me at 1am

───── ─────

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

───── ─────

Wanda was sitting in her cell waiting for her food to be delivered to her through the small hole in the wall. That's when he walked by. She sat and watched him with curious eyes, this was someone she hadn't seen before. She stayed rooted to the spot as he planted himself outside her cell, she could hear the other guards murmuring something to him and she focused her ears to listen.

"Не оставляйте своего солдата" And with that the guard walked off, leaving the Winter Soldier behind.

Wanda locked eyes with the soldier and let her hex drift through her fingers, invading his mind.

Wanda couldn't make out anything specific of what was going on in his head, it was as if he had two voices speaking to her, one in Russian in which she could only pick out a few words because she focused all her attention on the other. The voice begging for her help, the voice of a broken man. That was the voice she listened to, and so she dug deep into his subconscious and tried to rip the other voice from his head.

When she snapped back into reality, the soldier in front of her cell had emotion flooding into his eyes. Maybe it had worked, maybe the soldier was gone. Or maybe not. Sirens blared and guards came storming down the corridors. Several of them entered her cell whilst the majority stayed outside and dragged the soldier away.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore brought Wanda back to reality. The memory of that day was fresh in her mind, it was a thought she couldn't shake.

Ever since that day she had wondered what had happened to the soldier stationed outside her cell, now she finally knew.

Wanda couldn't forget that voice, the broken voice inside his head. He was begging for help, to be let out. By the looks of things now, maybe he finally had. The scars that littered his body showed that clearly he had struggled, fought soldier after soldier for his freedom.

"Life isn't treating you well is it?" Wanda mumbled. She sat silently for a few seconds longer before she pulled herself to her feet and the soldier along with her.

The front door of the apartment burst open, Wanda dragging herself and the soldier through, calling out, "Pietro! I need your help!"

Pietro leapt up from his spot on the sofa, freezing at the sight of his sister and what appeared to be a stray standing in the hallway.

Pietro was about to speak, to ask who this man was and why his twin brought him here, but cut himself off.

"Pietro we need to help him."

"And how do you suggest we do that?" Wanda have him a knowing look and he sighed.

"I'll drive." He said as he picked up the keys.

Each of the Avengers would agree that ever since the Maximoff twins left, things had been different, quieter. Clint hadn't said much, despite starting on the wrong foot he did care for Wanda and Pietro and did want them to come back. However he knew they had to leave, it wouldn't be fair on them to force them to stay.

Natasha and Tony felt guilty. Guilty of how they treated the twins, how they didn't trust them, although it took Clint drilling it into them to get to this point.

Needless to say it was a pleasant surprise to get a phone call from Pietro, but when Pietro had explained what he had woken up to that morning wiped the smile off his face.

The moment Clint hung up on Pietro, he walked swiftly to find Steve. He told him exactly what he had been told by Pietro, then watched the mixed expressions cross Steve's face.

There was a moment of silence where you could almost hear a pin drop. That silence was broken by Steve shouting out orders left and right, preparing for the three guests who were currently on their way.

↦↦

I'm positive that everyone's figured out who it is by this point. If you haven't then... I don't know what to tell you.