SIX ↦ Line of fire

"Some people fear the fire, some people are the fire."

───── ─────

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

───── ─────

The Avengers were fighting. Robots were dying. People were being taken to safety. It had taken a while but they were all gone. Ultron was the last man standing. Or more like last metal standing. Vision, Tony and Thor all began blasting him. Even the vibranium couldn't withstand that, and then, he was gone.

Wanda sat on the 'lifeboats' waiting for Pietro. All of a sudden she saw Clint, racing towards a child hiding in the rubble. Wanda watched as a plane with a distinct logo on the side came soaring down from the clouds, and she stood horrified as the plane began to open fire. She could see a streak of blue run towards them. And them pure fear struck her heart as she realised who was stepping into the line of fire.

Pietro...

Pietro, using his super speed and strength, managed to push a car infront of the duo, protecting them from the bullets. Wanda snapped out of her daze and shot red bolts towards the plane. Obliterating it. She didn't want to turn around and see what was behind her, fearful that she would see something she couldn't bear at this moment.

But when she did turn around, relief filled her and she let herself smile. Clint and the little boy huddled behind a car with bullet holes covering the side, with Pietro crouching infront of them.

He was okay. When they boarded the 'lifeboat' Wanda sprung to life again.

"Are you insane! I thought you got killed!"

"I'm okay sister, no need to freak out."

It had been a week since Ultron's demise and the Maximoff twins had been planning their escape. They had both agreed that they didn't want to stick around any longer than they needed to. Clint knew they were leaving, he didn't try to stop them. He understood, more than the rest of the team would. The Maximoffs had grown closer to Clint in the past week, he trusted them a lot more than he did before, even if he did trust them entirely before. Pietro saving his life probably had a big part to play in that.

It was early morning when the twins made their move. They had said goodbye to Clint the night before, promising to stay in touch and to visit him soon. Wanda was happy, for the first time in years she was happy. She was finally going to live a normal life with her brother, far away from the mess they had helped cause. Finally she would be free.

(2 Months Later)

Wanda walked calmly out of her apartment and down to the seashore, her and Pietro had found sanctuary in a quiet town on the coast. The townspeople seemed to be really tight-knit, everyone knew everyone. So when two Russian sounding young siblings came to town, everyone was suspicious. Naturally they had been curious as to where the Sokovian twins had come from, what or who they were running from.

It was a bright morning. The sun had just risen and Wanda was making the most of the quiet morning. That was until she saw a distinct outline of a person crawling out of the water and onto the sand. The person collapsed to the floor while Wanda jogged up to them. The person was unmoving, the only signifier that they were alive was the rise and fall of their breathing.

Wanda heaved the body over onto their back. She took a deep breath of air as she was overtaken by a memory of the person lying unconscious in front of her.

↦↦

And scene. Age of Ultron is done now enjoy the grey area between here and the next film