EIGHT ↦ Memories

"Mnemophobia is the fear of memories, either by remembering past events or fearing memory loss"

───── ─────

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

───── ─────

Bucky was terrified. He couldn't control what he was doing. He wanted desperately to tell his victims to run. To escape. But he couldn't. He couldn't tell them to escape, he couldn't tell them to run. He was trying to save their lives whilst he was ending them.

He recognised Wanda. He remembered her from the last time he was in Sokovia. He remembered how she could take out an army without breaking a sweat. He remembered how she could make a soldier, trained to show no emotion, cry like a baby.

He remembered the last time he saw her, and the fear in her eyes. But it wasn't fear for herself. It was fear for him. She was scared of what they would do to him.

Bucky didn't know how he did it, how he managed to break through long enough to run out of the room. The voice of the Winter Soldier was still in his head but it had quietened down for the time being.

Bucky was terrified, terrified of all the thoughts running through his own mind. Memories mostly. He couldn't control them, all of the Winter Soldiers victims. Begging for their lives. Bucky was terrified of his own memories.

He ran down the hallways, trying desperately to find a way out. He had to escape this place, be free after 70 years. When Wanda had peeked into his mind those years ago, he managed to get a glimpse of hers, her memories. It wasn't pretty, but he knew that she could help him get the soldier out of his head. She'd done it once, maybe she could do it again.

↦↦

I know it's short but hey-ho.

In case you're confused this is Bucky's thought process during the time Wanda was at HYDRA and his escape