Chapter 7

"Ow!"

"Sorry. What have you been doing that made this this?" Eric gestured his hand on my ruined ankle, which had gone even worse after battling with Vincent.

I frowned and sighed, "I don't want to talk about it." With all these running and chasing madness with blood-thirsty vampires, I just need at least a few minutes without thinking of any of this problem. I leaned back and crossed my arms.

I'm exhausted. It felt like I was running forever, non-stop. My jacket was torn and it felt so sticky as it touches my skin, my creamy blond hair was damp and sweat began to roll down my face, despite to the cold air of the night. But that's not the worst part. My whole body ached and shouted in pain. Every muscle I have sored, my joints shot a stream of electric shock through my veins every time I made them move and every bone I have felt like they were shattered into bits — especially my ribs, where Vincent seemed to have broken a bone or two when he pushed me back into the ground.

Eric coughed and I quickly shot a look at him. "What?" I sarcastically asked.

He shrugged, "Nothing," and took another look at my ankle. "Hmm... I think there's only one way to make this a little better. But you're not going to like it."

"Wait - what?"

Eric grabbed both of my ruined ankle and my foot and he suddenly jerked my foot towards him, making my ankle joint pulled apart. "HOLY CRAP!" I whined as excruciating pain spread from my toes to the top of my head.

"Told ya," he said and I heard a hint of laughter came out of his mouth.

"Shut it!" I snapped, my voice filled with annoyance, as I took a deep breath and bowed my head. My eyes began to water as the pain continues to flow throughout my body. My jaw trembles and my hands tightly gripped on an uproot of the tree, with my fingernails cutting deep inside. I've done a lot of trainings and stunts, and experienced different kinds of injuries the minute I transferred here, and I thought I'm used to it by now, but this, it felt like Eric also pulled out my soul. "Next time, a little more information when you try do that again!" I yelled followed by a grunt.

Eric shrugged and gently lowered down my foot and sighed, "Well, give it a shot."

At first, I was going to shout at him for doing such a thing so sudden but when I tried to bend my foot, it didn't felt as painful a while ago. I wiped my tears away, sat up and move my foot a bit more and, when I was convinced, I pulled myself up and stomped gently to the ground.

"All good?"

I looked at him and smiled, "Yeah, thanks." I scratched my temple, "Umm... look, what I said —"

"Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have done it all of the sudden." Eric said as a gentle smile formed in his lips: a smile that I found quite attractive.

It took all of my courage to look away from his handsome face, until my eyes landed on his scar on his cheek. Then on his jaw, then on his collar. "Did they —"

"Beat me up hard? Then, yes." He added as he sat on a fallen tree trunk. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs, and let out a deep sigh. By the looks of it, he's so exhausted and weak, for now.

"Hey," I took a step forward, but my foot hurt a little so I limped the rest as I went to Eric and sat right next to him. "You ok?"

"Yeah, just tired,"

I furrowed my eyebrows and, immediately, I knew what's going on. "Look at me in the eye." I demanded.

"What?" He said as he lifted his head.