Chapter 10

For you guys, after the last day of the weekdays, you'll go relax and enjoy your Saturday moment. Well, we don't.

We have a training class every Saturday morning and evening. That's why, when my mind was working again, I flew my eyes wide open, scrambled out of bed and bolted towards the showers. But I stopped halfway through when I forgot to take my towel and some clothes. "Dang!" I went back and gathered my toiletries when I heard a sudden mourn on the other side of the room.

When I turned to the bunk bed, opposite to my one-piece bed, there's something rising and falling under the lavender blankets on the bottom bed. I grinned when also saw a white-skinned muddy hand dangling on the edge of the bed. After pulling the blanket out of the way, I can't help but giggle at Carly sleeping in an awkward position. 

Her body was facing down on her once-clean-but-now-dirty bed sheet. A bolster entwined between her legs and her red hair is frizzy and it scattered all around her face. I leaned forward, pushed her mussy hair out of her face. I didn't recognized that there's a large number of mud smudges on her flawless white face — maybe it was too dark back then that I didn't have a good look.

"Carly..." I sang as I poked her face. "Wake up..."

She mourned and flung her hand in front of me. I jerked back as she squirmed to face to wall. "Wake up, Carly," I sighed as I tugged her blanket away from her. "We still have training class today." I grunted as I forcefully pulled the blanket: she's not budging at all! "We — have — to — Oof!" Carly moaned and tugged the blanket back to her so hard, I was tugged along with it. Now, kneeling beside her and watching her sleep, my eyebrows twitched as my patience started to were out. She's always a heavy sleeper; once she's off to dreamland, you can't get her out. I have no choice but to suck a deep breath and, "GET OUT OF THAT BED!"

"AAHH!!" Immediately, Carly sat up in lightning speed and hit her head on the bottom of the upper bed then crashed back to the bed. "Ouch! What in the world did I deserve that for?" She whined as sat up slowly and she rubbed her head. 

"Sorry Carly, but —" I looked at the clock: it's almost eight o'clock, it's almost training class! "— I think we should get moving since we're going to be late for class." I went to her cabinet and took out a pair of jogging pants, a dark blue t-shirt and a clean grey jacket. "And I think we're not going to be exempted this time." I added.

"What?! Why?"

"Last night, remember?"

She frowned and weakly kicked the blanket away. She lazily got out of bed, which looks like a total mess, and yawned loudly. I came closer and knocked at her head. "Earth to Carly? Wake up lazy bone." I teased as she grinned weakly. I took her hand and dragged her to the showers but I stopped then smiled when the door was opened by a short brunette girl. "Amber,"

"Angel! Carly!" Her child-like voice said. "Glad that you guys are fine after what happened last night. Man, did you made us clean so much."  She walked inside slowly and I noticed in her eyes that they became red and puffy all around. She let out a heavy yawn that made me realized that she was up all night — she and the others cleaned the mess we made.

I felt guilty on making her work all night. "Amber, I'm — "

"It's okay, Angel. It's not your fault. All I need is a good, long — " She stopped and frowned when her eyes landed on her bed — the one that Carly slept on — that's filled with smudges of mud.

"Oh! Um... Carly didn't mean to... um..." I ran out of words when her cute little hazelnut eyes found mine. Even though she's 3 months older than me and we're in the same level, I always find her like a little girl because of her height — I'm not being rude or anything; I'm just saying the truth. And, sometimes, little kids are my weakness. Which mean, Amber is sometimes my weakness.