Chapter 1

It was cold in the school by dark.

The leaves on the trees rustled against the wind. The moonlight beamed across the skies but the corridor is pitch black. I shouldn't have come here.

Meadows Junior High is just like every ordinary school — morning classes, school facilities, the education — but it has one secret; it is also a school for werewolves and vampires.

"Why don't we retrieve it tomorrow?" I said as I followed Carly in the quadrangle.

"Don't be such a wimp, Angel." She answered. "Our biology test will be in two days time, and have you seen the content outline? I need more than one day to study all of them." She headed to the stairs and started jiggling the classroom keys on her hand.

I picked up my pace to catch up, "But why didn't you get this morning? You know, when classes were ongoing. daylights are on — not in the middle of the night!" I said hysterically. "And we shouldn't disturb the... um... you know..."

"The what? Vampires and werewolves?" She turned and held up her hand. Within her palm is a mark  — a black crescent moon surrounding a black five-point star — and it started to glow red. "Let them try," she smirked as a ball of red light appeared.

It's color swirled and danced across the hallway. It went up and down her body. Her flaming red hair flowed along the veil of energy now surrounding her and her green emerald eyes twinkled. I stood there, frozen and amazed, by the power she posses.

"This is the power that lies within us." She said and the ball of energy slowly faded away. "The power of a Keeper."

I stared at her while she turned towards our classroom door. My eyes fell on her hand where her mark lies. I frowned.

Easy for you to say.

With a click, she unlocked the door and we entered in our dark classroom. The dim lights of the moonlight lit half of the room. Chairs are disarranged and the blackboard was full of drawings.

Wait. No.

I moved closer to the board; a fine map sketch of the school's soccer field. Small red circles are formed in the middle of the field. They form in a circular pattern. Opposite of it were yellow circles scattered around, surrounding  the red circles. Each red and yellow circles have arrows, indicating their movement. This is a battle of strategy!

"Yo, Angel,"

I turned and saw Carly facing our locker, held her hand backwards. "Keys."

"Oh, right," I dug my hand in the deepest part of my side pocket and tugged the locker keys out. "Catch," I said as I threw the keys towards her.

Suddenly, something ran between us in lightning speed. Papers on the side desk flew around and I heard the keys jingled. "What the — " Carly said, stuttering. The keys jingled again.

We turned our heads to the sound and my eyes suddenly widened. A boy — just about our age — was leaning against the wall, twirling the keys with his index finger. He wore a dirty white shirt inside a thick, black motorcycle jacket. A loose chain dangled around his straight black jeans; and his black and white rubber shoes squeaked against the floor as he took one step forward. "You girls shouldn't have come here, you know?" He said, in a teasing way, then smiled.

I froze to see what was before us. A pale mythical creature with jet black hair and bloody red eyes. He licked his razor sharp fangs which sent shivers across my spine.

Oh, God.

A vampire.

____________________________________________________________________

(EDITED!!!)

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!! Sorry if the chapter is short....

LIKE, COMMENT OR EVEN VOTE.... OR DO ALL THREE!!! NYA~ <3