Chapter 14

Sorry for the very long wait, Night Class readers… I’m super busy and my mind keeps on popping up new ideas… UGH!! But right now, here’s my debt to you guys… SORRY!!!

My jaw could just drop right here, right now! The one who gave me a hard time in my special training sessions and also the one who scared the lights out of me when I came home from cheerleading practice back then is the uncle of the two persons who I just met and whom I’m getting comfortable with? I can’t believe it!

“Shocked?” Sir Wales said.

I gathered myself up and calmly nodded. After the embarrassing moment with the Leila-is-your-girlfriend notion with William, it’s best to keep my mouth shut before I get to say anything humiliating. I heard another of Leila’s squeals and also a deep chuckle. That couldn’t be William’s — it’s too deep for him — so I presume it was Chief Faust’s. I turned and saw Chief Faust in Leila’s arms.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She happily said and Chief Faust was just smiling! Can you believe it? Plus, he’s hugging her back! Of course it is normal for family members to get along pretty well but if you’re stuck with a very strict coach — namely Chief Faust — for the whole school year, you would be in the same situation as me: shocked, surprised and speechless.

Sir Wales soon cut-off the family talk. “Well, Chief, I guess me and Ms. Spark should be going. If you need me, I’ll be at the school gym.”

Chief Faust nodded with a smile but, after a second, he shot me a look and his smile went upside down. My body suddenly got the chills. “Even though the faculty decided to have no training sessions today, you will still train.” Then there goes my chance to relax. “But since the training grounds are still in repair, because of the wild goose chase last night — ” I blushed a little, “ — we will meet this afternoon and we’ll train in my house.”

“Eep!” Leila squealed and started jumping like a little girl who just got a love letter. “You will go to our house! This is perfect!” She came to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. “I could show you some killer attack techniques that my brother can’t obviously explain.”

“Hey!” William raised.

“We could have a little girl-to-girl talk at you break time and after you training we could stay in my room and do some fun things. Oh! I’ll call Amber and the red-haired chick to come over as well!” She said straight without pausing.

“That would be… nice, I guess.” I manage to say.

“Great! I’ll pick you up again at the Keeper’s Dorms since you really know the way here. Does two o’clock sounds good?”

I nodded. “Yeah, sure,”

She turned to Chief Faust. “How about you, uncle? You okay with the time?”

“Just make sure she gets there.” He grumbled then walked away, heading to the forest.

“Geez, grumpy already? Anyway, see you later!” After receiving a tight hug from her, she followed her uncle into the trees.

“Come on, Ms. Spark. We must be on our way.” Sir Wales said and headed to the opposite direction. I was about to follow him when someone heaved out a heavy sigh. I faced William and met his eyes — those beautiful black eyes that made my butterflies on my stomach flutter like crazy.

“So,” he started, “You’re really going to our place?”

I was too mesmerized by the way his eyes stare at me that I almost lost my ability to speak. “Oh… um… You know how Chief Faust is: always keeping his words.”