Chapter 8

My stomach twisted as the vampires showed up. My heart pounded but I tried to keep my cool down as I said,  "You're still here?" I just realized that the way I delivered it was shaky and uneven and that made Vincent chuckled. Wrong move!

"Surprised?" Vincent smirked. He's appearance had gotten a lot messir than I remembered: his blond hair is mussy, his clothes are all loose and dirty. It made him even more horrifying. By the looks of it, he just gotten himself in a battle and eventually —

"Chickened out from a battle, I see." Eric said, pulling the thought out of my head. "Good to know you survived." He added teasingly.

Vincent grinned and tilted his head. "Say what you want. I'm just as surprised as you are." He raised his eyebrow as he took a good look at Eric. Then shifted his gaze to me. His bloody-red eyes scanned me from head to toe until a little light shined in his eyes. "Now way — You sneaky little vampire." He chuckled as a wide smile spreads across his face. He wrapped his arms around his stomach, leaned forward and began to laugh.

I furrowed my eyebrows and kept my jaw from dropping. I looked around — his comrades' faces tightened, some had a wicked expression on their faces — and turned to Eric who frowned and crossed his arms. "Are you done?" He said, annoyed.

After a deep sigh, Vincent stood up with an evil smile on his face. "Sorry, for a minute there, I thought it was going to explode." He chuckled. "I can't imagine you could catch a victim already. Especially if she's a Keeper."

Victim?

"What did you use on her? Your gift?" Vincent added.

Gift?

I looked from Vincent to Eric, again and again, until Eric shook his head. "No need to use that on her. She obviously got it in for me." He smirked.

"What?!" I couldn't escape the annoyance in me. The nerve of this guy to tell them that! Me? Fallen to him? What a jerk!!

Eric flinched for a second, then dropped his arms. "But enough of that," his voice switched from playful to serious type. I felt his aura changed into something dangerous, it made me step back. "Time for payback,"

Eric swiftly ran towards Vincent and gave him a punch in the gut, however, Vincent dodged just in time and jumped back. "Oh, you want to play, huh? — Wish granted — GO!"

On his signal, vampires poured down like rain as they jumped off the branches of the forest trees and dove right for us. "Angel!" Eric bellowed and I immediately responded by looking up and used all my powers to jump as high as possible, passing through the diving vampires. I landed on a thick branch and hugged the bark of tree to keep me steady. I jerked my head back to face them as they snarled and hissed angrily. Vincent's readable face caught my eye — jaw  dropped and eyes widen in shock — saying 'How did she do that?'

"Haven't thought of a Rare Keeper, eh?" I muttered. I shot a look at Eric, who launched another blow at Vincent. It got a direct hit and he was sent flying until he smashed against  a tree. I heard Eric scoffed, but when the game isn't over yet. "Eric! Behind you!"

A group of vampires charged their way to him, hands ready to claw him into shreds and fangs ready to sink into. Eric turned and blocked the first attack and kicked the first vampire. He clenched his hands into a fist and punched them hard until they were flying back into the bushes. His hands, his arms, his legs and body — all of them a working with coordination and manner. It's like his flying with grace and dignity. It's so perfect — whoa wait what? For a minute there,  I thought I was drooling by the sight of seeing a beautiful creature battle so gracefully. What just happened?

A sudden tug pulled me down and made me lose my balance. My hand caught a hold on a branch pulled myself up. I grinned when another tug pulled me down. I looked down, not surprised to see a vampire with eyes so hungry and horrifying, got a hold on my ankle. He tugged me once again and  memories of how I felt weak and useless when my ankle broke flashed through my brain. "Not this time," with a one hard kick on the face, he let go and fell into the floor.

I spotted another vampire climbing up the tree, and another and another. Move! My instincts helped me to scramble up on my feet and climbed to the top. Almost at the peak, I jumped off the branch and shot white balls of light at them. They jerked their body around as the white flames flared on their clothes and flesh.

I landed back on the forest floor but that was a bad move. A vampire suddenly jerked my hair back and pushed me down so my back is stick to the ground. He transferred on top and held his hand up high. I stopped him when he was about to slice his fingers on my face. I elbowed him in the face but that didn't went well since he just smirked. "Weak,"

A thought just shined in head. "Oh, yeah?" I kicked his crotch hard with my knee. That did the trick. He pushed back with hands cupped in his crotch and bowed his head. I quickly stood up and let out a 'pst'. He looked up and I immediately made a roundhouse kick that successfully made contact on his face and he dozed off on the floor.

"Ahh!"

I looked up and saw Eric's arms being being pulled away from his body by two vampires while Vincent punched him continuously on the face. I instantly ran towards them and jumped half way. My legs swinged and hit Vincent's face. I shot a white ball of light on one of the vampires that is holding Eric and he flew back. The other one release his prisoner and charged at me. But I made low, middle and high reverse roundhouse kick respectively before he can even touch me.

As soon as he's down, I helped Eric back on his feet. "You okay?"

He nodded and added a teasing smile. "I didn't know you do martial arts."

"Just for defense. What happened to you?" I hysterically asked. Why blame me for asking? I mean, he sucked my blood for goodness sakes! He should be fit to fight!

"Don't get too cocky, princess. It seems like these vampires had a hunt before they show up."

"And we still have enough energy to bring you down."

I jumped and turned to see Vincent stood up like a possessed person. I looked around, and to my surprised, others are standing up on their two feet. Not good.

"You two are really getting on my nerves." Vincent grinned. "So I'll end this giddy-giddy games, okay?" I was surprised when two vampires grabbed a hold on my arms, so does Eric. I struggled to get free but it seems that no matter what I do, they wont budge. Vincent slowly walked forward and stopped right in front of us as an evil smirk spread across his face.

"Don't move," Vincent sang and held his hand up, ready to slice. But a sudden howl made him stop. "No," the sound escaped from his mouth.

Eric smirked. I looked at him with eyes filled with confusion. He just smiled and said, "They're here,"

Immediately, wild packs of what-seems-like-dogs burst out of the bushes. They growled and snarled furiously that it made the vampires back away. With each step their furry big paws took, their wild animal instincts are slowly breaking out of their shell. The vampires that are holding me and Eric released their grip and backed away.

I looked up and I can't help the smile on my face to spread over. I felt my body relaxed in relief when I saw these huge, furry wolves in front of us. They couldn't hide the anger and hatred to show up in their golden-yellow eyes, the anger and hatred they felt towards vampires. 

But what made me happy is when Carly stepped out of view from these four-legged creatures. Her flaming red hair glowed like ruby under the white moonlight. Her emerald eyes burned like green flame. She looked at me, then to Eric, then back at me — she grinned. When her eyes landed on Vincent and his gang, she smirked and made a 'thumbs-down'. "Game over,"