Chapter 6

Damian now laying his head low after he's been interogate by Mr. Wilson. The feeling of numbness after being soaked with ice cold water in winter season doesn't wear his will,  protecting her. Protecting Raven.

As he stare in the darkness,  suddenly he remember his first interview session with the young lady.
**************
"Have I seen anything suspicious? " as both of her brows jumped up as she repeat the man's question.
   Damian stared at her as the steam from his cup dancing in the air, emitting soothing heat against the cold night.

" Well....I did see people being hurt by the demon,  does that count as suspicious? " Rachel trying to enlighten the mood.

"Your answer doesn't make sense. " He slowly sipped his drink and continue look at her with his serious face. Like his father usually do. "What i meant is,  anyone with suspicious character that might has something to do with the demon infestation. " he added to make his question more clearer.

"Well,  you. There's no such thing as people asking question at night. We usually sleep at this hour. " Rachel give her sly smile. Keep it cool, Raven.

"I refuse to accept that answer either. " Damian narrow his eyes. "Something tell me that you're not from here. " slowly he lean toward the dark hair girl.

Rachel's posture become stiff and her breath caught up. 'Oh,  shit. '

Damian tilt his head to the left. 'Well,  am I right? "

Rachel stared at her cup and slowly noded. 'You're right. I'm not from here. " she sighed.

Damian,  tapping his cup waiting for her answer.

She take a breath and spat out the world.  "I'm actually from Azarath. " A half lie.

"Bullshit. " he growled.

Rachel's eye went narrow as she heard his curse. She bit her lips trying to calm herself.

"Azarath has been destroyed 15 years ago. Nothing left. " his shamrock hazel eyes as if glow behind the veil of  hot tea's steam.

"But I am. The last Azarathian who survive!" Rachel place her hand on her chest as a sign to ensure. "You need prove don't you? " her dark wine eyes stared back at him. Before Damian say a word,  she quickly to her cabinet which is a few feet away from her mini kitchen, fetching an item.

As she walk towards him, her hand held out a necklace which hold a ring that has been engrave with azarathian language. " This is the ring of Azar.  Which has been entrust to me before the Azarath has been destroyed. " she explain as she grab his hand and place the jewellery on it.

Damian inspect the authenticity of the accessory then glance at her. It is from the fallen civilization.

"But what did happen... " he murmured as he stare at the ring that has tiny ruby writing along on the surface.

"Trigon. "

"What? " Damian seems can't catch that word. Is that a name?

"Trigon the terrible. He destroy the Azarath. " as her eyes moisten with her tears. "He kill them.  He kill my mother. " her voice shaken.

"I'm sorry to hear that. " Damian's voice become soften. His hand grab her and slowly slit back the only totem of  fallen city back to the owner.

Rachel take a deep breath to stabilize her emotion as she put on the necklace. She musn't show her vulnerable to anyone. ANYONE.

"Why set up a shop? " a random question popped up.

"Pardon? " Rachel as she calm her nerve down.

"Why setting up a shop in Phoenix Pavillion? " he asked.

"To help them. To help the people. " she smile solemnly.

Damian understood. Slowly he raised. "I think you need some rest,  Ms.  Rachel. Its been a long night. " as he walked to fetch his cloak.

Rachel then escorted him to the door.

"Thank you for your coorperation with me. Please do forgive me for the late night interogation. " Damian bow his head and put his hand on the door.

His hand felt something. A vibration motion on the door. Then he notice his black obsidian pendant now in red blood.

Rachel felt his aura.  His emotion. Full of Alert, Intense , and Angry. "Is something wrong,  officer? " Rachel dare herself to asked him.

Damian quickly grab her closer and put his hand on her mouth. "Quiet. " He whisper in her ears which makes her blush.

Then her eyes caught up with his pendant now glowing dangerous red as the sign of danger.

Damian shove his pocket and came out with black kohl stain on his finger. Quickly he applied on his face as it serve to obscure his fine feature face keeping from being identify by the damned creature from hell.

In a split of second, they heard a loud roar bwhind them. The door shaken like hell but won't budge.

Damian confuse as he look at Rachel for explanation.

"Azarath spell of protection." she whispers as she put on her hood.

Damian noded and step aside. For the first time,  he try to test out the suit. VALOR suit.

He put the small round casket on his chest and press the V button. The casket glow with bluish neon light spreading black liquid matter across his body and cover them up. The exo skeleton suit start to materialize and hardening showing it's feature.

Its personal mask come along on his arm armor. Quickly he put it on and it started to glow  dangerously. From the mask,  Damian detected there's three demon class E5 , the Pawn outside the shop."Three of them. " he whisper.

"I'll support you. " Rachel make her stance as she's ready.

Damian pull out the weapon from back which is to be reveal a long thin black sword with glowing sharp edge with circular hollow at its hilt.

"Now!! " Damian shouted.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!! " Rachel casting her spell to blast the door from the inside and manage to push the enemy a few feet away from them.

Damian step out from the hut as his hand twisted the sword by the hilt like cowboys spun their guns by the trigger guard.

"Let's do this. " as he grab the  handle and swing the sword towards the enemy.