Chapter 11 ~ Forever Imprinted

Jada’s POV

I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling once again. This was getting too systematic; I didn’t want to do this for the rest of my life, or as long as I had.

I was about to start my usual daily counting of the tiles, when I heard a quiet scream from behind me. I shot up off the floor looking around for someone to be hurt. My eyes fell on Quinn and I saw her biting her lip trying not to scream, while clutching her side.

I instantly knelt down beside her so I could make sure she was okay. “Quinn what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know; I rolled over onto my side and felt a horrible pain shoot through my body.”

Realization hit me and I automatically knew what was wrong. “Oh Quinn do you remember anything that happened yesterday?”

She had a puzzled look on her face as she tried to remember. “I remember our conversation with Audrey and I kinda remember the challenge, but nothing more.”

I quietly laughed to myself, of course she didn’t remember losing complete control. “Do you remember what the challenge was?”

She thought for a moment before answering, “Yeah, it had something to do with us getting burnt by cigarettes. I know because I saw my scares and remembered.”

I nodded my head and then explained to her what happened. “Okay so it was me and you left in the challenge and when they burnt you again, you screamed and lost it.”

Her face flushed as I told her what happened. She looked real embarrassed and guilty remembering her actions. “What happened next?” she questioned.

“When you were untied, you tried to escape but Cooper’s guy got a hold of you. That’s when you began to scream and fight against them; you pretty much freaked out.” I couldn’t help but laugh at how funny she looked. I wonder if I looked that funny each time it tried to escape.

She covered her face with her hands, obviously ashamed of what she did.

“The guy was holding you and trying to calm you down but you wouldn’t so they stabbed you in the side with a needle. You instantly stopped your freak out and got knocked out.” I smirked to myself at my last sentence thinking it was clever.

Her head stayed in her palms as I guess she was trying to remember yesterday’s events. Her head abruptly snapped up to me and I jumped back a bit, taken off guard by her sudden movements. She must have remembered what happened as a look of understanding came on her face. She slumped down on the ground too embarrassed to look at me. I rested my hand on her knee, trying to comfort her.

The other girls began to wake up now. I noticed Audrey giving me a questioning look as she saw the position me and Quinn were in.

“She just remembered what happened yesterday,” I informed Audrey.

Audrey nodded in understanding and started to giggle. I guess everyone thought Quinn’s scene was a bit funny.

“Good morning,” Cooper cheered, cutting off our conversation.

I turned my head towards Copper and his men only to see something that made me sick. Two of his men were carrying what looked like an oven built in the 1920’s. It was one were you could burn metal and tools. I also noticed a guy behind them carrying metal rods along with two chairs.

My stomach started to churn inside me as my anxiousness got the best of me. By the look of what they were carrying it didn’t look good for us. They set all the stuff down in the middle of the room and stepped away allowing Cooper to speak.