Chapter 14 ~ Time To Escape

Jada’s POV

This was it; this was the moment I would decide our fate. If I played this right we could all be saved and set free, but if I made one little mistake it would be all over. I paced back and forth not able to sit down. My mind was all over the place, I couldn't focus on anything no matter how hard I tried. Looking down at the other girls and I saw the terrified looks on each of their faces. I was terrified myself; everyone's lives were depended on me.

My head snapped away from them and towards the entrance of the hallway when I heard footsteps echoing down it. It's time. I rubbed my hands together trying to get rid of its clamminess while the footsteps became louder.

“This is it, I will see you on the other side guys,” I announced to the girls.

I turned to face the cage but was yanked backwards by someone. I turned around and was face to face with Amelia. She quickly engulfed me in a hug not showing a sigh of letting go. “I love you Jada. Please do what he asks and keep yourself safe,” she whispered into my ear. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and her words broke my heart.

“I...I love you too. I'll try my best.” I managed out.

We let go of each other and I was engulfed in another hug but this time it was Quinn. When we let go of each of other she gently kissed my cheek telling me it would be okay. She walked away slowly and next came Morgan who gave me a gentle hug. She sobbed quietly into my shoulder while I told her it would be okay. I wanted to believe Quinn, I wanted to believe myself.

I let go of Morgan and squeezed her hand, reassuring her it would be alright. Chloe practically jumped on me when Morgan was out of the way. A smile made its way onto face when I thought of how us girls had gotten so close. Chloe reluctantly let me go and Audrey filled her place with her own hug. By now tears of joy, sadness, and pain rolled down my face with no sign of stopping. Audrey pulled away and wiped the present tears from my face. I smiled gratefully towards her and watched her step back allowing Serinah to hug me. We hugged each other for what felt like forever, I didn't want to let her go because if I did I may never see them again.

We eventually let go as the footsteps got even louder. We had all said goodbye and right then the footsteps were so loud I knew they were here. Four men appeared into the room ready to take me to him. My heart started to beat so fast I thought it would explode. I stepped forward so I was right at the cage and the girls stayed back watching me helplessly. It felt like forever as I waited for them to come to the cage and take me away.

As soon as they reached me, I recognized the man in the back. It was Carl. He gave me a reassuring nod and my body started to relax. I knew he would help me. They unlocked the cage and slowly stepped in. The two men in the front roughly grabbed both my arms and dragged me out. We waited a few seconds, allowing one of them could lock the cage back up.

We headed out the room and down the hallway. Before we left I heard the cries from the girls and the shouting from the guys but the one thing that broke my heart was the soft whisper from Shane, “I love you Jada.” I bit back the tears and focused on what was going to happen.

We all walked in silence down the never ending hallway. There were the same two men on both sides of me with a strong grasp on my upper arms. A man walked in front of me holding a gun, obviously there for protection. Behind me was Carl; he had one hand slightly on my back trying to reassure me it was all okay. I was grateful that he was helping me I couldn't do this without him.

We passed Carl's room on the first floor and went up four flights of stairs and entered another long hallway. It took another five minutes but the hallway came to a dead end with two giant metals doors protecting a room.