Chapter 10

You starred at Psimon.

What will you do with my power?

He smiled

I will eliminate it.

What will that do to me?

It will free you.

Will I feel anything?

Not at all.

You nodded and looked at Jason, "I'm ready."

Jason nodded and closed the door, "Be careful."

You looked a Psimon and tried to clear your mind, but suddenly a melody popped into your head. You started to hum "Hymn to the Sea".

You felt a rush of wind and then somebody appeared, "Beast Boy..." you began.

Psimon looked at the figure in the room, "You-" he suddenly reached into your mind and wiped the vision, or whatever it was out of sight.

You yelled in pain, "Beast Boy Help! Help me!" you collapsed on the ground.

Psimon looked over you, "He never told me that you were this powerful."

You looked up "Powerful?"

Psimon smiled, "You are one of the most powerful Telepaths in the world. Even more powerful than a Martian. More powerful than me."

You groaned, "Then why is it tearing me apart?"

Psimon laughed, "You don't understand your own powers. Why don't you give them to somebody more capable to control them?" He reached towards you.

You pushed yourself away, "Not until you tell me what they can do." You said, cutting Psimon off from your mind.

Beast Boy, hurry.

Garfield ran down the street, almost out of breath. Suddenly he bumped into somebody and the music box fell. He fell on the ground in an undignified fashion and caught it in his hands, "Hey! Watch it Dude!"

He gasped as the person turned around, "Picture?" the person nodded, "Beast Boy, hurry. I need your help." She pointed at the music box and disappeared.

All of the sudden the music started playing, but there was no key in it. Beast Boy picked it up cautiously, "Picture?"

The music was interrupted by a melodious voice,

I need you to trust whatever I may tell.

Come down to the shore and turn towards the south

For fear I may not live much longer.

I bless these words as they leave my mouth.

To rescue my mind

My body you must find.

I cannot say where

I cannot say why

But I fear that I am saying

Goodbye...

Garfield felt tense, "Oh no you don't. Don't go saying your goodbyes." He said into the music box, "I can't explain it, but I feel like we're connected. So don't go. Please." He felt tears coming into his eyes. He quickly wiped them, held the box to his chest and took off running. "I'm coming."

Tim looked at the clock, "It's already 9:05." He yawned.

Dick looked back at him, "What, is this your usual bedtime?" he laughed.

Barbara yawned, "Well, I've been driving for forever. Dick, can you take over?"

Dick rolled his eyes, "You two are pathetic."

Tim sighed, "I'm just worried. What if Jason doesn't know how to take care of her?"

Barbara nit her brows, "Well, I mean-they were very close. Maybe he'll be able to help her?"

Dick shook his head, "At this point nobody but M'gann or Zatana could help her."

Tim smiled, "Yeah, let's hope its Zatana. We want to get in good with her."

Barbara held in a laugh. Dick glared at Tim, "Not now, Tim."

Tim smirked and sat back, "How's Gar?"

"He's still headed east. I don't understand why she chose to show him where she is."

Barbara shrugged, "Maybe she likes him?"

Tim and Dick starred at her, "Don't even joke like that. That is a very dangerous and harmful subject to joke about." Dick said seriously.

"That's right." Babs said, slapping her forehead, "Protective older brothers in the car, Hello Barbara!"

Psimon spoke in a mysterious tone, "Your powers are much stronger than any ordinary telepath. Not only can you enter somebody's mind, but you can influence their actions, and with sufficient training, you would be able to control their minds entirely. You in particular seem to form a bond with the people you connect to. Most unfortunate."

You narrowed your eyes, "Then why the visions? Why the pain?"

He chuckled, "Those are no visions. Those are memories."

Your eyes widened, "But-in all of those-I die."

"Oh yes. The thing is. You've been reliving your life. Apparently you have such a strong bond with your brother that you've been journeying back in time to save his life. But you've failed every time. Until now."

"What do you mean?"

"Every time he's died and you have too, trying to save him. This time though, he came back to life before you could die. And when your green friend nearly choked you to death your urge to go back to the beginning began. But subconsciously you knew he was alive. All those visions were trying to get you to go back. But you're fighting it." He laughed, "Luckily when I'm done with you, that power will be gone."

Suddenly you felt the power being drained out of you, "No! Jason help! Beast Boy!" you clutched your head and yelled in pain.

Psimonloomed over you, "No resurrections this time."