Chapter 13

You stood looking out of the Justice League Watchtower. Life wasn't perfect, you realized that now, but as a hero, your job was to try to make it better. Pain and Suffering would only make you stronger as you worked through it all.

You had just finished talking to Batman. Babs and Dick had already told their part of the story. Gar was in there now, filling in some details of how he found you. Unfortunately though, Jason left.

You thought of him as you looked down onto the warm surface of the earth. Before he had left, he had pulled a tracer out of your locket, "I'll keep in touch." He had said before riding away. You looked down at the locket and opened it. The picture was still there, but there was a small piece of paper tucked into the corner. You shook your head and pulled it out.

"Oh Jason." You sighed. A phone number was written on the paper.

The door behind you creaked open, "(y/n)?"

You stuck the paper back and turned around, "Gar!"

Garfield held something out to you, "I have something you might want."

You took a small box form his hands, "My music box."

Garfield smiled, "Yeah, It's what led me to you."

"It led you to me?"

"You spoke to me and told me where to find you."

You looked at the box and Beast Boy handed you the key, "I figured you would want it back."

You looked at his face, "It belonged to your mom?"

Garfield's eyebrows shot up, "How did you..."

You sighed and looked through the window again, "When I went into your mind, I connected to you just lie I did with Jason. Sometimes bits and pieces of your memories will get into my head and I don't know..."

Garfield nodded, "So, we're connected?"

You blushed, "Gar..."

He smiled sheepishly, "I'm just saying-you came to me...."

You shook your head, "It belonged to my mother too."

He put his arms around your shoulders and stared out the window, gently playing with stray bits of your hair, "It's what made you who you are, a diamond in the rough, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

You looked up into his eyes and kissed him on the cheek, "Thanks Gar."

He turned a light shade of red, "You're-welcome."

You looked back out the window, "There's still one thing I don't understand, when I paused time, I saw somebody standing in the room." You looked at him again, "He called himself The Shifter."

Garfield shook his head, "One problem at a time."

You sighed, "You're right BB. I think we deserve a rest."

You both looked down at the earth and wondered where your journey would lead you next.

"I've learned a lot (y/n)" Garfield said, "All because of you."

You smiled, "No. Because of Jason Todd."

                                                                                            The End