Chapter 3

Melissa's POV

I stepped out of the club because i needed a breather. I can't believe he didn't know who i was. We known each other since i moved to Hawaii and lived right next door to him. When we first met i was only 15 and he was 16. He showed me the ins and outs of Hawaii and we became best friends. A year after us being friends, his sisters started hinting that Bruno had a crush on me, and that he would write love songs about me. I didn't believe it because they always use to make fun of us 24/7. Before you knew, he became my first boyfriend. He always talked about coming to LA to pursue music. And that's what he did. Months after our graduation, he left for LA and I lost my best friend. We used to talk on the phone all the time. Then our phone calls became short. Later after, there weren't any phone calls at all. I felt us drifting apart and i stopped trying. I started to focus on my career and look at me now, an independent business owner. As I was coming up, Bruno began to get big also. I remember hearing his first song on the radio. As much as I was mad at him, I was so proud that he made it. It was his dream that he talked about at any hours of the day. I thought it would be chance we could connect again, but his career skyrocketed. I was losing faith for us year after year. Finally i just let what we had go and worried about what i needed to.

I go back into the club when i feel the time is right. I don't spot Liv so i make my way back to the bar. i asked the bartender for a "Sex On The Beach" and nodded my head to the music. I really shouldn't let him get to me. The one time i go out, I'm already not enjoying myself. I gotta shake this feeling of being irked. Just on cue, the bartender handed me my drink and "Nice For What" By Drake started playing. I wasn't gonna let Bruno or anybody else ruin my night. I got up and made my way to dance floor. i started twerking and started feeling the music. I felt someone's hands grasp my waist and started dancing with me. I didn't bother to turn around cause i was enjoying myself and whoever was behind knew how to keep up and had rhythm. I turned and saw a tall figure. The lights were flashing i could barley see his face. I got closer to him and this man was FOINEEE! He had a caramel skin tone, with a fresh cut and dress so nice.

 I got closer to him and this man was FOINEEE! He had a caramel skin tone, with a fresh cut and dress so nice

"How you doing beautiful, I'm Kam." He said. His voice matched his look. It was deep and masculine. "I'm Melissa." I said feeling shy under his stare. "You got a man, or you came with friends?" He asked. "I came with friends." I said staring at him as his eyes were doing the same as Bruno's were earlier. They were undressing me but it didn't feel the same. "Hey Mel there you are I was look-" she says but stop when she sees Kam. The way here eyes mimicked over him seemed like she wanted a piece. Trust and believe she could have the whole pie. "Liv this Kam, Kam this is Liv. My best friend." I said introducing them. I began to walk away and let them converse because my feet were killing me in these heels. Know I know why its been so long since i been out.

When I looked up to Dj booth I noticed Bruno was no longer there. I wondered was it the drinks making him not remember me. Or was it his success and money that he no longer cared about his past life. Seeing him tonight got me feeling some type of way and I'm just ready to go home. I look up at the booth one more time when a voice took me out my thoughts. "Looking for me up there?" He said. It was him. Bruno was standing on the side of me again for the second time tonight. Nothing was coming out of my mouth but it was so much I wanted to say. "Look I'm sorry about earlier. I probably do know you but I've had way too much to drink tonight." He says face palming his self laughing. "My name is Melissa." I said finally getting courage to speak. He didn't respond. He just stared. "Well it's nice to meet you again Melissa. We're about to head out of here. Once again sorry about earlier." He said getting up from the stool and walking into the sea of people. I wanted to leave and forget all this even happened. He didn't even remember my name. I mean i did get a little thick since i was 16. I texted Liv that i was heading out early and made my way out to the car.