Chapter 16

FLASHBACK

Melissa's POV

We were walking silently to beach and the sunset looked so amazing. Peter hasn't said anything yet. The walk was peaceful which i didn't mind. "So where you from?" He finally spoke up. i looked over to him and the sun was glistening on his skin. He was so fine. "I'm from New York." I said smiling. I was gonna miss back home. All of my family and friends threw a going away party for us and it was nice. Coming to Hawaii wasn't so bad because I'll be able to experience a whole new culture and see new faces.

When i said New york his eyes lit up."So where you close to the city?" he said smiling. "Yeah i was close.It's very beautiful at night and during the day. You get to see so many art styles and fashion there." i said reflecting on my home town. He nodded his head. I don't know if he was very shy but he didn't talk much. "So what's Hawaii like besides of the beautiful weather?" i asked making him chuckle.

"It's very cool here. Everyone knows each other. Everyone's friendly, well the people i know is very friendly. We love playing music here. If you ever go to Waikiki Tiki you'll hear some great music." he said. The way his eyes shined when he talked about music. "Do you play any instruments? Do you sing?" I asked. His dimples showed as he nodded his head. " Yeah I've been singing since I was little. i know how to play almost every instrument." he said smiling to me.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. "Are you serious? Can you sing something for me?" I said. He stopped too and chuckled. "I'll sing for you when we get to the beach." He said walking ahead of me.

We made it to the beach and the sun was almost done setting. I sat in the sand and pete sat next to me. "So what song do you want me to sing?" He asked taking his shoes off putting his feet in the sand.

" Well I love Michael Jackson!" I said excitedly. He looked over at me with his mouth hung open. "Melissa your my new bestfriend! Come here!" He said pulling me into a hug. We shared a laugh. "I love MJ. What song should i sing?" He asked as we sat closer to each other.

It was getting dark and i was enjoying Bruno's company. I didn't know what Michael song to pick because there were so many. I thought for a few seconds until my mind landed on one.
"Human Nature. Sing Human Nature." I said tapping his shoulder.

He begin to sing and his voice was so angelic. The creases in his forehead showed as he hit the high notes perfectly. He had neck veins popping out and everything. This boy could sing. On some parts we would make eye contact and i was falling in love with his voice.

He sung a few more songs until he walked me back home. I honestly didn't want to leave the beach but i know mom and dad would want me back home. "Thank you for walking me home." I said smiling. We were down at the the beach for what seemed like a long time.

"No problem. It was nice meeting you Melissa." He said pulling me into a hug. "Just call me Mel." I said pulling away waving goodbye. "Bye Mel. And just call me Bruno." He said waving back.

"Alright bruno." I said laughing going into the house. I walked into the living room and no one was in there. I walked towards the back of house and saw my parents in their room. "I'm back guys Bruno walked me home." I said in leaning in there doorway.

"Who's Bruno." They asked confused. I forgot they wouldn't know him by that. "Bernie's son peter." I said. We said our goodnights and i walked to my room. I laid in bed thinking, this will never be a day I forget.
END OF FLASHBACK