19 to hell and back

I froze completely; I didn’t know what to do I didn’t know what to say, I was shocked. His mouth closed and his smile fell as he saw I wasn’t going to say anything.

His fire went out and he slowly got off of me kneeling between my legs that were still wrapped around him.

I pulled my legs up and looked at him confused and I didn’t know what to do. I wanted him to know I love him to, my freaking necklace showed it, but I couldn’t even utter them back.

He moved till he was sitting with his knees up looking at him. I licked my dry lips trying to get words to come out but I couldn’t.

I stood up looking at him, “I uh… I don't know what to say.”

He stood up and his face looked so broken almost. His dad said they fell in love fast and they only love once. Here I am and he tells me he loves me but I can’t say or think of anything to say?

I rubbed my arm, “I uh I'm going to go…”

I reached for the door handle but he put his hand on the door, “Wait, please, don't leave like this.” His voice sounded like it was on the edge of breaking.

I couldn’t look at him; I bit my lip, “Damien, please take your hand off the door.”

He shook his head, “No.” I looked up and his eyes were watery, “I can’t let you go.”

I let go of the door stepping away wrapping my arms around me and my wings around me.

He took his hand off the door looking toward me, “I don't understand.”

I gulped looking away, “Damien, I-I can’t do this.” I backed away from him and he stepped toward me.

“Do what? I just said 3 words, words that can be taken back.” He reached out to touch me but I flinched back.

“No, you can’t take them back, because I know you mean them…” He took another step toward me and I stepped back.

“I just, need some time to think, that’s all.” I turned from him and he let out a growl, “No!”

He grabbed me pulling my wings from my body and wrapped his arms around me. I struggled against him, “No let me go!”

He shook his head and grabbed my face kissing me forcefully, “I can’t.”

I hiccupped as tears went down my face; he wrapped his arms around me, “Don't run from me please!” He buried his face into my neck and pulled me tight to his chest, “Please don't.”

I shook my head falling limp in his arms, “I can’t think Damien.”

He pulled me tighter kissing my neck, “Don't then, just tell me how you feel.”

I opened my mouth and the door opened.

We looked over and Darren was standing in the doorway looking terrified, “Something is happening to dad.” He looked between us then stepped back and left.

Damien opened his mouth but couldn’t day anything, I hiccupped and grabbed his hand, “Come on.”

He wrapped his arm around me and we flashed into his dad’s room. I expected him to be cracking a joke or smiling but he was lying on his back and his breathing raspy.

I clutched Damien’s hand tighter as I looked at the poor man lay there. He looked over and looked at his wife, then Darren, Damien then me.

His wife was holding his hand; he coughed softly, “I had your mother get you guys together because I feel my old body going to pass on soon.”