The Revelation

Author's note : 300 reads!! Thank you all for reading my novel and keep reading. Stay Blessed. Love you all. (Don't leave the comments section empty)

                                                                        The Revelation

    I remembered the sheriff from our little meeting on the Crime scene of that brutal murder which was, unsurprisingly, the centre of all the news in the town for weeks, and from the countless interviews that he had given after that case.

              The most mystifying thing about that murder was, even after a month from that incident, no one knew for sure that what it really was. The Sheriff had said the same thing in his every single interview and it was the same thing that one tells when he doesn't want to disclose a secret " We don't quite know for sure yet ". 

            No DNA sample could be collected from the spot, not a single thing from the killer which could lead up to something, just a bunch of wild animal hair which led to the speculation that a wild animal like wolf had killed it but it was immediately stuffed back to the grounds because although there had been a couple of sightings of wolves in the woods still that was not enough to be sure. And  according the experts, the wolves would not attack a human unless its absolutely unnecessary, and if wolves are new to a place, they spend most of the time hiding and feeding on small animals.

               Now coming to the present. "They are coming" was a rather un-understandable statement. Who were coming? When? why? I am sure that I was not the only one who was thinking these questions, Stiles, AIice and Mike were also thinking the same thing because they were as clueless as me which gave me the idea that they had been sitting in silence the whole time I had been out.

               Stiles just gaped at the sheriff, Mike was looking at me for explanation as though I had called up the meeting. I looked at Haley, She was really tensed because she was the only one who understood that News. 

             "Who told you?" she demanded as she went to her father and seated herself  next to him. 

             There was no point in standing there so I also went to Stiles and raised my eyebrows. He just shook his head.

             "You guys must be wondering why have I summoned you here?" I didn't like the sound of that because most villains start their conversations with this. 

            "It has come to my attention that you guys wear some sort of a band" We just stared back at him, we all knew what he was talking about but we all said at once " What are you talking about?"

             There was no explanation as we had expected. He just extended his arm forward to reveal a black band which looked exact replica of the bands the three of us used wore. Haley also showed us her bright red band.

             We looked at Mike "You have one of these?" Stiles asked and Mike just nodded.

           " How come you never told us?" I questioned. I couldn't believe that he had kept it a secret all this time, especially that he kept it from us, from me.

          " I was advised not to tell anyone" emphasizing the word 'anyone'. I just stared back, disgusted. "You know, you are the shittiest person I know" I muttered with a smile.

           After all he was my best friend after Stiles of course, Stiles was like a brother to me. I had shared everything with him.

          "Thanks, I guess" He replied grinning.