Pokemon Story 32: Red Meets the Mastermind

Red escaped the guards while Misty, Serena and Alain fought them and quickly went up the stairs to the floor the Mastermind of Team Empire stayed. He opened the huge red door and entered in the blue room. This was not like the red throne room of the mastermind like in Sinnoh. This had a throne, for sure, but this was blue in color, it was a dark room.... and it had some liquids in some tanks. This looked more like a laboratory than the Mastermind's room! 'Welcome...' a voice emerged out of nowhere 'The person who made me look like a loser... welcome... the real hero of the pokemon world, am I right? Just because you are a champion?' 'Who is this?' Red asked with a stern voice. A white cape emerged out of nowhere with a familiar face with a red cap and a white suit with golden chains and borders on the pockets. It was the Mastermind... It was, Ash Ketchum... Red widened his eyes. 'A-a-ash?' he stuttered with confusion 'M-my friend? Is the mastermind controlling you with some psychic pokemon?' Ash laughed. 'No...' he replied with a big grin 'I am the Mastermind...' Red was too much confused now. 'But why?' he asked with a loud voice. Ash smiled. 'Because of you...' he replied. Red was even more confused now. 'Explain me...' he said. 'Very well then, I shall explain it to you!' Ash replied 'Everyone in the pokemon world thought you were the best pokemon trainer to ever exist just because you won the Kanto league, whereas on the other hand, though I tried to succeed in so many leagues I always failed... It was always because of my good heart... because I released pokemons... unlike you, who never even wanted to know the condition of his pokemons and just wanted to use them for battle... and at the end, power won over good heart.. everyone thought you were the real hero and I was a loser... So I showed the world WHAT I COULD DO if I wanted to collect all the pokemons in the world, just like YOU!' Red realized it.

'Yeah...' he said 'I never was a friend to my pokemons... maybe except for my Charizard... but that bond was also created because of the BATTLE with Mewtwo, not because I and Charizard were good friends... I wish I had a good heart like the old you..' Ash smiled. 'But now it's the new me... the powerful me...' he said 'And I will defeat you with a pokemon battle, RIGHT NOW!' Red smirked. Ash vs Red was about to begin...