Page 19

Then we all laughed together.

I heard a car came approaching our house. I peered outside to see a taxi.

'That's my ride. I'll go now.' Mom said.

'Let us drive you home,mom.' Zahra said. I smiled to know that she didn't put a space between herself and my family. She realized they're her family too.

'No. You two enjoy the private celebration. I won't be the third wheel.'

'You know you never be the third wheel.' I moved closer to her.

'I know. And I'm very happy to know that my son finally found his happiness. You take a good care of her. If I ever heard she cried because of you,you won't have my blessing. Do you hear me,Khalil Nurdin?'

I put my two fingers on my forehead,saluting her. 'Yes,ma'am.'

She touched my cheek. 'I'm so proud of you.'

'thanks mom.'

We waved at her. And I waited until we're inside and alone. She started to open her hijab. I grabbed Zahra and pinned her to the nearest wall.

'Khalil!' She squeaked.

I traced her jawline with my finger. 'My mother told me to take a good care of you.' I sensed her shivered under my touch. 'So,do you have any suggestions of how I should do it?'

'You have done a great job. So no worry about it.' The redness on her face showed me her real emotion. She understood. But she pretended.

I got it! She was playing dumb. I would play along. 'O I'm not worry,my love. What I mean is which room do you want me to prove it to you.'

'You don't have to prove me anything.'

'Let me rephrase it. Which room do you want me to show it to you?' I blinked an eye.

'Show me what?' Her face turned darker red.

'Your call. Or I'll say ... Here?'

'No! Upstairs. Our room.' She hang her head in embarrassment.

I laughed out loud. I won. As usual. And I also knew that I love her more and more everyday.

******* The End *******