Stories And Power.

He says knowledge is power
But she proves to him that..
Power is power.

-Cersei.
#gameofthrones

   I am on my bed lying watching as hajah kept pacing around the room.
"When do you plan on telling hajiya?" I ask her.

    "I ate twice this night and I'm already craving more. It's normal right?" She asks a bit worried.
   "Well yeah of course don't worry the same thing happened to Khadijah" I tell her to make her comfortable.

"Lemme sleep I will stop" She says lying down and covering herself with the duvet.
"We're going to see your parents tomorrow" she tells me and then I start getting worried.

"Can't we just leave it until next week or the week after?" I ask although I know it's not her decision to make and I must Let's just say it's a way to make it easier to force myself.
"Well we have to what would we say when it starts showing. You somehow elongated it after 3weeks of finding out I think it's time we tell them".

I sigh in exasperation and covered my head.
"Ugh" I slept off.

:

Worst thing just happened I don't know how but unfortunately Hajarah's parents are also here.
How would I tell them she's pregnant I would indirectly be telling them what happened between us when I vowed I would make her leave me. It was not planned.
"You sound different, So What's wrong " mami (his mum) asks Hajarah.

"I have good news" She says back.

She looks at me. She also needs help. next time I really think I should keep my thoughts to myself.

"Yeah. We have good news" I say trying to back her up.
Then she stares at me. It's a good thing my younger sisters aren't here.

"Well?" Mama (her mum) asks.
"We are.....having a baby" Hajarah says.

I subconsciously drop my eyes to the floor as I could feel everyone's stares on me.
"Is that so" mami asks mockingly. Indirectly.
"Yeah it is. We thought we should tell you" I say not being able to look at both parents.

Zarah and Khadijah couldn't stop smiling. I know where this is headed but I don't like it.
"OMG!!! That's good news" Abba (his dad) says.
Mama and mami couldn't stop smiling.

"Alhamdulilah, that's excellent" mama says shoving her husband to at least show a little bit of joy.
Hajarah just turns away.
"Well it's good, ain't it? Congrats" he says duly.

   I scoff and he turns to look at me.
"Sorry we were really hoping to hear more than congrats when you hear that 'your' daughter is pregnant with 'your' grandchild " I say as polite as I could.
   He glared at me for a moment.

"It'll all be well" is all he says trying to sound enthusiastic.

I nod.
We left the parlor to let the older ones talk. Hafsah dragged Hajarah to her room and now I'm stuck with Zarah and Khadijah in the living room.

   "I'm so excited for you. Now tell us what happened after 'I'll make her regret it' I am really surprised it turned out exactly like you planned it" Zara says sarcastically.
   "Well people change and sometimes the decisions they make change as well" I simply say back trying to sound like a wise man, which I am of course.

  "Anyway I'm happy you two are trying to fix your relationship, Faisal and I are still arguing more than before mah and right now I wish it wasn't happening " Khadijah says with a slight frown formed on her face.

   "Well solve it don't keep using having kids as an excuse to be with him" I tell her. She has 5 kids. Whenever things in her marriage start going south she gets pregnant instead of fixing the whole thing and Faisal... he loves kids and he starts feeling like an eye-saw. She's my sister but I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to me.
    "It's harder than you think fah" she says.
"Well marriage is based on trust, support, respect and love if you lack one, it can be fixed but 2 or 3 it's just too much. There are marriages that don't have love like the way hajah and I were before but when there is no trust, support or respect...Well especially respect then it's failed. Talk to him dijah " I tell her calmly.
    "When I was asking him for dating tips and you said it was stupid, did you really think I didn't know what I was doing?" Zarah asks smiling.

Zainab's POV.

    I am in my apartment sitting with my best friend Hamida, she is a year younger than I am and she has 3 kids. I got married before her...my first marriage of course.

   "It's frustrating " I say frustrated.

"So she's pregnant? How?" She asks me.
     "That's a stupid question. How did you get pregnant? I don't like nonsense o!' I say slightly irritated.

"Don't assuage this" She says weakly.
I like being friends with hamida because she is the kind of person I can push around and she'll still come back and I don't have to apologize at all.

"He gives her all his attention. She's not even worth it. What's he supposed to do with a second hand garbage " I tell her.
     "Well if anyone is second hand garbage it's you since you were a widow and you slept with other men before even getting married. So....."

"Excuse me? Middah? Don't annoy me this afternoon "
"Sorry. Anyway what do you plan on doing?" She asks me.

"I'm getting pregnant too" I say back.

"That's what I like about you. You're a very astute person " she smiles evilly.

        Here I come!!!!

    I impatiently waited until he came in.
"Whoa what am I seeing" He asks surprised.

"What do you think?" I ask getting up from his bed slowly.
"Wearing a bikini, walking in a sexy-like way. I know you well enough to know that you're here for something".
   "First of all, what we are about to do is halal. Secondly, just because you got your first wife pregnant does not mean as husband and wife we can't have a passionate night".
  "Of course. I'm aware but..."
"So that's how things are now right? Just because you found out you are her first?" I look at him expecting an answer but he says nothing.
    "Well from now on just pretend as if I'm a rock like you normally do. from now on I'm completely out of your business" I pick up my robe and put it on before I lie down to sleep.
  He sits beside me and puts his hand on my waist.

"I'm sorry I have been so excited about the baby. I'm sorry for being inconsiderate".
  "Nasif just sleep"

"Okay. Let's do it".
"What do you take me for? I'm tired I know I have been acting stuck up for a long time but this is not fair to me and you know it"
   "I am sorry"
"Just sleep" I answer trying to make the mood less tense.
"Alright. How about you and I spend tomorrow together and we won't be disturbed not work not even Hajarah just you and me" he promises.
   "Okay then" I smile.

And he kept his promise.

  :