Powers/Chapter10

"Neel?

Was her last word before she bent down, retched and vomited on his shoes.

He lightly patted her back as she fainted, face planting in her own vomit earning a gasp from the now very shocked boy."

Rose had met Nile.

............

............

Meanwhile, Seela had grown only angrier. She hated that she was considered weak enough to be marked against her wishes.

She felt her pedant hotter than ever against her neck, she ha almost taken it off to relief her from the enduring pain but then decided against for it was of her dead mother's.

She was unable to stomach the fact that his name had actually sounded attractive to her, maybe she had felt attracted towards him earlier but she knew that that feeling was definitely gone now.

There was no respect between them and him being power greedy was just another reason for her to hate him.

"Myra....?"

She called in a weak voice. Myra was the only person she trusted here. After all, she was the only one who had helped her.

Myra had been there for her when Zacheriaz had hurt her.

She looked up to the door, patiently ... but Myra wasn't there with her.

She called again, "My----- "... She had meant to shout or at least be audible... but she was only able to speak half of the name ... before that burning pain returned in her throat and her hands unconsciously touched her bandaged neck.

A tear slid down her cheek.

Zachiarez had managed to hurt her on a level no one has been capable of and she hated herself for not fighting for herself.

She managed to get up, one hand still on her neck as she started to walk, step by step to the door.

The silver door, probably only 10 steps away... seemed like a marathon to her.

Her legs burned, her throat burned, her whole body ached, the drugs too were off no use. And, even though he could have taken away the pain in an instant, she realized that he would rather face the pain too than help her.

'Sadistic asshole'

she mumbled to herself as she slowly turned the doorknob and there were no guards... like she had been expecting.... the hall seemed empty too.

On any other day, she would have been happy at the chance to run away ... but she was hurt, physically, and really needed Myra there.

She had crossed two halls and was getting tired by the second.

Just when she thought, she should head back she saw a small frame standing in the corner.

Myra.

She waived to Myra.

Myra quickly approached her as she saw Seela. She hugged her, Myra's tears didn't stop even as Seela looked at her questionably.

Myra had just witnessed Marcus's death and she knew she had to tell Seela everything.

"Seela, I need to tell you something very important. Let's go back to the room where we can talk ..please"

She pleadingly told Seela, who did not understand the gravity of the situation.

"But, won't there be a doctor or someone there. Actually, that is what I wanted to ask you... where is everyone?"

She asked still unaware of the grave danger Jak was in...