not letting it go/chapter 9

"Jake shouted profanities but Zachiarez was happy, he felt powerful.

He believed that he was one step near to his powers."

Meanwhile rose was struggling too, from the day her sister disappeared she had been going through all of their memories alone...

The day after Seela disappeared:

Rose swigged another bottle of alcohol down.

Two days had passed and she hadn't seen Seela anywhere.

The police as they claimed ... were trying their best but what could they possibly do when they weren't even able to trace her phone.

The event manager of Lovedale had disappeared hours after the news of a girl missing from the highly controversial event got out. Rose was fighting a war she knew she would lose, from limited funds she knew that she would never be able to fight the event organizers legally, so she had resorted to drinking as an option.

Like other siblings there was envy in their relationship too, they fought but they got along, they loved each other.

Seela's absence had left rose broken and depressed.

Tears fell down her cheeks as she remembered how she fought with her over Nile earlier, the boy who had left her too. He disappeared in thin air as if he never existed.

She was getting hopeless by the second and then it hit her, she had taken a picture of the emails and ticket from their family camera, so even if the company hired hackers to somehow remove them from her computer, there was no way that they knew about their little polaroid. So the next thing she does was find the photos and sure enough, there was a residential address mentioned for inquiry and details, and the place where prior bookings happened too.

She didn't have to be told twice as she took out her car in a rage from the garage and followed the address.

It was almost dark by the time she reached there, and she wasn't ready to give up on her sister. She hated that she had already missed so much time drinking and crying. She knew that she had to be strong, for Seela.

She wiped her tears with the back of her sleeves as she softly opened the car door, her gun pressing against her back ensuring her safety.

High on adrenaline, she viewed the house, the only house on the vast grassland.

Soft showers of rain had started to pour now and she started to walk towards the house.

Ok, now i just have to get inside, rose reminded herself.

She started to look for a way in and decided to climb in through a window which looked to be open, but she wasn't sure as she didn't have any flashlights with her and the moonlight seemed to have dim with the ongoing showers of rain.

She carefully climbed after securing her feet on small wooden bricks where it allowed her to. Taking a deep breath, she reached out to the window and it didn't touch any glass. Offering a quick prayer she jumped in and looked for her phone. Its battery 4 percent, she couldn't afford to light the torch so she felt what she hoped was a wall for any light switch.

After a brief struggle, she flicked the switch and a yellow bulb lit. she took in her surroundings, the walls painted brown, its paint fading in patches with a questionable amount of stains.

She rushed into the first room. It was a small room with a decent sized bed and a small family photo.

she observed the photo, the manager was 27 ish but the man in the photo looked 40 something... There was a woman he lovingly held, probably his wife and a kid between them, a young boy of around 10 or something.

she checked everywhere including the wardrobes.

She pulled her hair as she grew more frustrated with every passing second. With tears continuously streaming down her cheeks. The rain had become more violent now, probably sleeting.

Annoyed she kicked a wall, and bore herself for pain in her feet, but the wall crumbled down ... cardboard she thought to herself, as she gave another kick and sure enough inside was a staircase leading to a basement.

She hesitated to go inside as it was late in the night... It was raining... she was in a stranger's house and she related it with a perfect setting for a horror film.

But she was too drunk, to think rationally and ended up walking towards the basement.

She walked down the stairs and noticed that there were two rooms there.

she opened the door of the first one, ... there was some rope and a chair there.

My heartbeat quickened as I frantically started to look around. She wondered if Seela had been kept here somehow, though it could not be possible as this was supposed to be the manager's house, but the family portrait. It all left her confused and she softly massaged her temples as she started to walk to the other room.

Suddenly, she heard some noise on the floor above her and panicked.

she decided to hide in the second room.

So she tiptoed the rest of the distance and with a quick breath opened it. The door made a rackety loud noise, and her heart almost stopped as tears formed in her eyes out of fear and her hand unconsciously moved forward only to touch something wet.

She almost bit her tongue as she switched the light on to see what it was only to jump back with a scream.

Inside, was a man his back facing her attached to the wall somehow. Purple puss emanated from his bones and it was a disgusting sight and she took another step back only to bump into someone's hard chest.

She was about to shout again, as someone's mouth covered her mouth and she kneed him in the crotch as she turned back.

"Neel?"

Was her last word before she bent down, retched and vomited on his shoes.

He lightly patted her back as she fainted, faceplanting in her own vomit earning a gasp from the now very shocked boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Thank you so much for 2k reads.

.......

Don't forget to click that little star... do comment and follow me.

I always follow back.

1063 words.

Love

Dd

EDITED.