Blinded by power/Chapter 7

"The words didn't matter to Jake cause all he worried about was seela and his new friend. He considered the threats to be empty ones.

And that would be the biggest mistake of his life."

After Zachiarez had left, Marcus was very disturbed but Jake was still confused.

He demanded answers, answers as to why Seela might be here..?

Who the man was?

And the most important one to him whether the wolf and the 'mate' was all just a figment of his imagination.

......

Marcus had mentioned that the man had brought his mate.. and Jake couldn't help but wonder whether... this mate was Seela. He didn't know anything about mates... but he considered them to be kind of like soulmates, of serial killers.

He was unaware of the dangers that were lurking in the shadows.

He was unaware of the dangers he was putting Marcus in.

For the first time in forever... Marcus was scared of losing something. Unlike the Alpha, he wouldn't get so many chances. He knew Jake was his mate, but he cried silent tears as he realized the situation they were in. Everything started to make sense. It was because of him.

Had he not been homosexual, someone the alpha greatly despised, Jake would be safe, probably still at his home.

He caused all the havoc upon Jake.

He cared about Jake so much.... that he was ready to betray the king if given his security.

But they are all just dreams. No one will come to save them. This is not a fairy tale where their ship could sail.

This was the harsh reality of the pack he lived in.

"I will die before a claw touches my mate..... "

Marcus silently observed Jake's small and actions, like his habit of biting his lower lip when he thinks too much... or how he unconsciously rakes his hand through his hair again and again.

Marcus had begged Jake to leave... but Jake was adamant on finding Seela.

Jake was unaware of the destiny he had decided for Marcus... by acting this way.

Jake would rather stay and die there then leave Seela to die alone.

Jake could die for Seela and Marcus could die for him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha just kidding chap ain't over yet

Wouldnt leave my broke army on a cliffhanger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the pack house, Marcus 's room

5:00 pm

Zacheriaz observed Seela silently... He watched her chest rise up and down as she breathed, probably still in a deep slumber.

He gazed at her neck and found it extremely difficult to not mark her there and then...

But then he wondered, what is he so scared of... He knew he has to mark her someday. So why was this one part of him... kept wanting to not taint her with his darkness.

Was this care?

Was it affection?

He quickly shrugged out the thoughts, he was not a weak Alpha.