chapter 13

it's been exactly a month since i've updated yeehaw

y/n1

hes unconscious. hes still hitting him. is he breathing. i️ was still far away but so close to where finn was on top of jacob, i started yelling nonsense as soon as i️ saw them. when i️ finally reached them, i️ just grab finn from behind and try to pull him off, but just to be pushed to the ground landing on my back, all the air in my lungs escaping in a loud gasp. he quickly turns around and his facial features soften when he sees me on the ground, tears threatening to spill.

"y/n1 i'm so... i️ didn't know it was you. i'm sorry come..."

"i'm fine. i'm not a cry baby," i️ say, standing up n walking over to jacob avoided eye contact with anyone. i️ check if he's breathing.

slow, raspy breathes are heard. i️ look at millie.

"i️ know you hate this kid, but he needs a doctor now."

"uh okay, i'll get dacre to drive us somewhere close," and without waiting for my response, she runs off.

i️ just pivot on my heals and walk off, looking down. i️ put my headphones in and start to run. i️ go to where y/n2 n i️ used to go when we were little to play w/o my brother bothering us. our secret beach.

finns pov

i️ lost her. she ran off before i️ could even comprehend what was going on. jacob is in shit condition and it's my fault. i️ didn't mean to be so rough, i️ thought it was wyatt or gaten. i️ didn't realize she would do that, or that she was so light. she wouldn't even look at me. and now she's gone. i️ dont know where she is, or where she would even go.

i️ get on my feet and look down at jacob. his eyes are swollen shut, blood gushing out of him nose. my eyes drift to my hands which are covered in blood, fist still balled. i️ grimace at the sight and quickly shoot my head up. i️ walk towards wyatt and i's cabin. i️ walk in and look at the two, peacefully watching harry potter. their attention is quickly drawn to me.

"what happened dude?" wyatt asks.

"jacob was two timing millie n he started saying shit, and i️ lost it."

"where's y/n1?" y/n2 asks very concerned.

"uh, she tried to get me off jacob, i️ pushes her off not knowing who it was and she fell pretty hard. i️ went to apologize but she had already ran off," i️ explain, y/n2 jumping to her feet.

"what the fuck did you- i'm going to find her. wyatt, i'll be back to finish later," she shot him a weak smile and gave me a glare before running out of the cabin.

i️ rush out after her. "i️ don't know where she is! she ran into the woods!"

"you may not, but i️ do!" she hissed back disappearing into the trees where y/n1 once went.

i️ walk back into the cabin and just lay on my bed.

y/n2 pov

i️ run to our spot. the spot since we were 6 and 7. our 'hidden beach'. it's where she always goes when everything gets to be too much. i️m feet away n i️ start to hear muffled sobs and quiet music.

"y/n1?" i️ ask quietly not to startle her.

"y/n2!" she says saddened but excited, jumping to her feet to hug me. "how'd you know i️ was here?"

"finn said you ran into the woods. where else would you go?"

"oh yea, do you know what happened. did you see jacobs face?"

"no, and frankly i️ don't really want to. are you okay, finn said he pushed you pretty hard and that he's incredibly sorry," i️ go on to explain only for her face to drop n tears to form.

"uh yea, i'm okay," she sits back down n rocks herself ever so slightly. i️ sit down next to her, draping my arm around her shoulder, her head resting on mine.

"yanno. this is just like summer '09, the first summer we came, the year we discovered this place. remember, at dinner when ur mom told us she was pregnant with ur brother? you ran through the woods, w/ me not too far behind. we sat here, just like this until the sun set just watching the waves crash and finding shapes in the clouds."

she weakly smiled. "those were the days huh? what about the next summer when they thought it was a great idea to bring a 3 month old baby to camp," we both chucked. "we only got to stay 1 night bc he really wasn't having any of it."

"and that's a good thing. then we didn't have to spend a whole week w/ a crying baby," we both cracked up.

"thank you. for everything," she says to me.

"of course, anything for you."

y/n1 pov

after what feels like years of sitting there w/ y/n2 talking about anything and everything, the sun set and we end up heading back to wyatt n finns cabin.

"what will he say?" y/n2 asks me.

"i️ don't know, i'm gonna just go to bed. i'm drained."

it takes us about 10 minutes to get there, and when we do, wyatt runs up and hugs me.

"oh my god! y/n1! are you okay? i️ was so worried. y/n2, i️ thought you were gonna bring her right back!?"

"yea yea i'm okay. we're fine," i️ smile looking at my shoes.

"oh, finns been asleep since y/n2 went to look for you. he feels like shit, for everything. and he's so incredibly sorry," he looks at me, giving me a weak smile. "so, y/n2, ready to finish harry potter?"

"fuck yea!" and with that, they were back to sitting behind wyatt's laptop. i️ look around the cabin and up at finn. i️ go into the bathroom and change into leggings and a hoodie. i️ grab my headphones and put the right one in, climbing up to finns bunk and laying next to him, facing his back. i️ think about something to say, anything.  but instead i️ just hug him and roll over to look at the wall putting my other earbud in.

i'll figure it out in the morning.