Chapter 5

"What do you think they're doing?" said Kyle who was watching Maddy and Ash wile munching on a peace of bread. "I mean theyre just standing there"

They were sitting at one of the camp fires near the edge of the entire group. Lydia had handed everyone a can of Tomato soup and some of the bread they had gotten from their raid on the grocery store/pharmacy that was a couple blocks away.

"Oh, I don't know, they are probably talking like normal human beings" said Lily sipping her soup.

"Well I don't like it" said Kyle looking away and took a bite and then started chewing it angrily. "iv E ants ta alk  ta a gill I osnt e just alk ta you."

Lily laughed and chucked a slice of bread at him "Nasty, don't talk with your mouth full no one wants to see your nasty chewed up bread."

"Oh I love watching chewed up bread!" said Tinsley sarcasticly and dipped her slice into her soup then chewed it up and swallowed it then threw a slice at Kyle and said "I just don't like seeing nasty chewed up looking Kyle." 

Kyle swallowed his food then gasped sarcastically and clutched his heart “Oh I'm hurt, that really hurt me"

"Y-you know y-you g-g-guys shouldn't waist bread like that." said Jonas who was stuffing bread down his throat then washing it down with soup.

"He's right you know, I would think you guys would be more careful with the items since you’re the ones to get them."

Everyone turned to find out who had spoken and saw David standing with a can of soup and his rifle slug around his back smiling.

 "Heeeey David my man, what's up?" said Kyle waving his can of soup at David.

David chuckled and smiled again "Hey Kyle, mind if I sit with you guys?"

Everyone shook there head and Lily scooted over.

"Thanks." he said and sat down. "ah...so how are you guys doing?"

"We are good" said Phoenix who had tomato soup all over his face and was stirring his soup around very fast with a spoon.

"Yea, I can see you are doing great" said David laughing then hes face switched to concern. "You guy sure you’re ok though? You had quite a scare a couple minuets ago."

"Yea we're ok" said Lily finishing off her soup "We see zombies like that basically all the time now."

"Yea we are badasses." said Kyle Finishing his soup and lying back against the wall with his hands behind his head. "By the way, why didn't you say anything to us when we got back?  were you not worried?" 

"Not everyone needs to greet you as soon as you appear Kyle." said Tinsley rolling her eyes.

"Hey I'm just asking!" he said.

David chuckled "well, I'm not really fond Jerome, I'm kind of skittish around him in fact, always have been."

"Well no one really likes him, he's creepy." said Lily munching on her piece of now dry bread.

"I agwee." said Phoenix Licking his spoon.

"Hey Guys." said Ash as he walked up to the groups campfire along with Maddy.

Maddy sat down next to Tinsley and picked up an unopened can of soup. Kyle watched her silently.

"Hey David." said Ash and sat down next to him then picked up a can of his own.

"Hey" said David smiling.

"Hey Ash don't you think Jerome is a little weird?" said Lily balancing her spoon on her tongue making Phoenix laugh.