Chapter 10

As the moon finally went behind the buildings and the land was covered in darkness. Lily, Kyle, and Tinsley Finally made it to the little camp that Ash had setup. All the Kids there were sitting around the fire and there was a circle of shoes surrounding it aswell.

Ash was crouched by the fire, putting another pair of shoes into the circle to finish it off when the sound of leaves made him look up, alert. “Oh there you guys are, finally, did you run into some trouble or something?” He said standing up, looking at them concerned.

“Nope” said Tinsley tossing down her backpack tiredly then Taking a seat by her brother who was snoring happily with his head on Jonas’s.

“Oh” said Ash “Well you guys took awhile”

“Oh sorry we should’ve probably ran faster” said Lily rolling her eyes and taking a seat by Jonas.

Jonas Laughed and moved Phoenix’s head to lay on Tinsley’s lap “Nah you g-guys pro’lly ran f-fast enough, Ash is Just a little grouchy cause he’s t-tired a-and hungry”

Ash smiled slightly at Jonas “I just wanna get this thing over with, cause I know some people are not gonna agree with it” He said looking at Kyle wile saying the second part.

“I’m not leaving dude” said Kyle crossing his arms.

“Shush and sit down” said Tinsley laughing and shooing Kyle with her hand “We don’t even know if that’s the exact thing he wants to talk about.”

“Actually that’s exactly what I want to talk about” said Ash frowning.

“See!” said Kyle Throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation and turning around “I freaking knew it.”

“Lets face it, we can’t sit here waiting forever” he said indicating to the surrounding area  “ eventually the smell of the continued campfires and food, which we will need, will make zombies in the area curious and they’ll want to investigate.”

“So?” said Kyle his temper rising “Why don’t we set up walls and stuff out of the branches?”

Ash looked at him doubtfully “Do you really think that a few branches and wood are going to keep the zombies out forever?”

“No but-“

“That’s why, I’m suggesting we go to another place somewhere like the city where there are real walls and doors” said Ash not letting Kyle finish.

Everyone was silent for a moment and there was only the sound of crickets and children snoring as this idea set in.

“But what if David comes back and we aren’t here?” said Kyle crossing his arms.

“W-we could leave a m-mark or somfin to let him know we were here?” said Jonas shrugging and looking at Ash.

“What if the mark gets covered in snow?” said Kyle snapping at Jonas

“What if we put it somewhere w-where it won’t.” snapped Jonas back

“Guys stop fighting, we need to do something and, erm, I agree with Ash that the city is a good idea.” said Maddy smiling slightly.

Kyle sighed and looked at her “Not you to.”

“We could nail it to a tree with Kyles nail gun” said Lily warming up to the idea.

“Oh no” said Kyle and leaned against a tree and closed his eyes.

Lily smiled at him “Sorry but it is a good idea” then looked at Ash “I think we should have the word city put on a piece of paper or something so he’ll know what’s up exactly”