Chapter 7

Ash woke up in real life to the sound of screaming and the smell of smoke. He bolt up right in his sleeping bag and rubbed his eyes and looked around at the burning chaos. there were zombies, everywhere.

Ash hurried out of his sleeping bag, his eyes burning because of the hot smoke. A tall zombie ran towards him flailing its arms as it burned slowly to the bone, he jumped out of the way as it ran into the wall then lay there twitching still burning.

"Oh crap" he said.

He ran to his backpack  that was sitting on bench along with everyone else’s. It was near the tracks where not many zombies were. he ran around the zombies that were near the sleeping area, they were busy chasing other people, when he finally reached his bag he took out an aluminum baseball bat he had kept in there just in case he needed it, making other smaller backpacks fall behind the bench.

"Ouch! what the hell Man?!" said a voice.

Kyle popped up behind the pile of bags. "What the heck is going on!?" he said taking his head phones out of his ears and rubbing his head.

Ash jumped in surprise and almost smashed Kyles head in with he bat. "Kyle?!...what are you doing behind there?"

"Well I've been sleeping here to make sure no looters come and steal any bags wile we sleep, what are you doing throwing bags at me?" said Kyle rubbing his head, then looked around and saw what was going on and his mouth gaped open "Oh, I see..." he frowned and bent down and took a gun out of his sleeping bag.

"What the heck are you doing with a gun?!" said Ash pointing at it. "And where did you even get it?!"

Kyle shrugged "I stole it from David's stash" he reloaded it and put the safety on then stuck it in his back pocket. "And I have it because, what else are you supposed to threaten looters with?"

"Ok, I, um, guess your right, well come on we gotta hurry and get everyone." said Ash putting his backpack on then putting his sisters on his other shoulder and grabbing a couple others "you think you could get Maddys, Phoenixs and a few of the others?" he said indicating at the backpacks.

Kyle gasped sarcastically "You want me to carry Maddys backpack?"

Ash looked at him confused briefly, then looked back at the group "Um, yea we might not have time to come back here and get them. come on hurry up."

Kyle picked up Maddys backpack and slung it around his shoulder then picked up some of the others "You think she's gonna be happy when I bring it to her?" he said grinning.

Ash rolled his eyes then moved into the fray running around zombies with Kyle right behind him.

 They ran around zombies. Jumping over burning body after burning body. slowly gathering a crowd of other people following behind. They found lily and Maddy up against the wall beating off zombies with two long metal pipes. Maddy smiled slightly when she saw Them, especially ash. "Hey guys glad to see your all right" she said smashing a zombies head into the wall.

Kyle took out his gun.

Ash grabbed his arm. "No, don't, more will just be attracted to the sound. We'll just have to take them out silently."

Kyle hesitated "But there's already billions of them in here."

Lily wacked a zombie in the stomach then hit another in the head. "Hey guys! sorry to interrupt your nice conversation, but we kinda, maybe, possibly, would like some help."

"Just use something else ok?" said Ash kicking a zombie that had wandered towards them in the shin, making it fall to the floor.

Kyle took off his backpack and started searching for something to use. "I don't think I have anythi-"

He reached deep into his bag and pulled out a battery powered nail gun and some brass knuckles.

"Damn I forgot I had these." he said grinning, then took a package of nails out of his backpack and loaded the gun up.

Meanwhile Ash and everyone else were battling and running around zombies like crazy. "Guys! We gotta get outa here, we won't be able to survive this for long!" said Ash dodging a zombie and yelling over the sound of the roars and Screeches of the zombies.

"Yea we know! thanks for the info!" Lily yelled back sarcastically wile ducking under a zombie that had lunged for her.

Everywhere there were zombies running around, on fire, on the floor with limbs chopped of and more. Everywhere there was complete chaos, with Adults fighting for there lives as well as others,  even Children hiding behind pillars or on the tracks. Lydia was holed up against a pillar fighting with another person named James who had been another teacher at the school and Jerome was kicking and fighting near the fire pits where most of the zombies seemed to be. He also seemed to be getting overwhelmed. No one was shooting there guns, for fear of missing and hitting another person and of alerting other zombies in the area.

 Suddenly a hand grasped Ashes shoulder and a voice said urgently "Hurry follow me, and gather the others."

Ash turned and saw David with a worried and sad expression on his face hurrying into the crowd. Ash followed behind jumping over zombies and swinging his bat, bashing zombie heads.

They ran through the crowd gathering up small groups of children along the way.

"Hurry Follow me we can't stay here." David shouted out and ran ahead. "Ash and K-"

"Wait where's Kyle and Tinsley and Phoenix?" said Lily looking around ducking under another zombie that had lunged at her.

"I don't know but we don't have time to look for them, we are already lucky enough that there has only been a large amount of Walkers and none of the others" said David taking out his knife and stabbing a zombie in the head that had wandered towards them.

Suddenly a zombie Jockey burst through a crowd of walkers and grabbed one of the little children, Kevin.

His sister screamed and started hitting the zombies leg. "Let 'im go! Let 'im go!"

The zombie held Kevin up in the air looked down at her and twitched, twisting its head curiously.

David took his gun out of his back pocket and was about to risk shooting it when suddenly there was a whizzing noise and the zombie froze, its eyes looking dead ahead. Then it fell to the floor letting go of Kevin with drool still falling out of its ready to chomp, mouth. Christina ran to catch her brother but was not strong enough and they both tumbled to the floor, crying and hugging.

Everyone looked to see who had shot the zombie and saw Kyle running up, breathing heavily with Tinsley and Phoenix and Jonas as well as five other kids behind them. Kyle was holding a smoking Nail gun in his hand.

David smiled when he saw him "Nice shot."

Kyle grinned "Thanks I've had tons of practice for the past few minuets"

Phoenix looked around frowning, seeming unaffected about what was going on. "Where are we going?"

"Come on we have to hurry" said David looking back at the camp where a lot of people were still fighting. "I'm gonna lead you guys to safety then go back and help the others. Kyle, Ash you guys guard the back and Maddy and lily you guard the sides and Tinsley and Jonas you assist them. we gotta make sure no Zombies catch us by surprise again."

Everyone nodded.

David smiled Slightly and nodded back to the tired, hungry, worn out children. then he turned and ran into the deep dark tunnels and the children followed a man into the deep dark parts of the underworld for the last time.