Chapter 11

Maddy woke up wondering where the heck she was and why her head was hurting so badly. She put her hand to her head and felt a bandage over a large lump. She Then looked around and saw where she was. “How did I get here?” she wondered.

She was in what seemed to be a Janitors closet with brooms and bleach containers and paint cans everywhere. She suddenly had the feeling some one else was in the room with her and looked around, in another corner of the room there was a boy with spiky hair fast asleep. “Kyle?” she thought but instead she heard “Who is that weird looking kid?” fly through her head.

“Huh?” she thought and looked around.

Suddenly her body seemed to come out of her and stand up on its own.

Maddy nearly screamed out but then a hand grabbed her other body and whispered in her ear. “Shhh don’t make a sound.”

Maddy turned to find out who had spoken and saw Ash sitting right there, with his hand on the arm of the body she had...detached, from. Even though it wasn’t exactly her arm, her heart started beating like a drum on steroids. “Ash w-where are w-“she started.

“Who is he?” whispered another voice that sounded exactly like hers and seemed to be emitting from the other her.

Maddy quickly tried to gather what was going on. Last thing she remembered was going to sleep and now weird things were happening, it was like... "A Dream”

Maddy thought and nearly laughed for not realizing it sooner. “This is a dream” she said.

The dream Ash looked at the dream maddy and put his finger to his lips then stood up and grabbed one of the rakes that were in the corner to the right of him. “Beat that you stupid Pac monster” said Kyle, muttering in his sleep.

The dream Ash took a step closer to him. “I didn’t steal No bananas u stupid gorilla.” Kyle muttered again.

Ash brought the rake back and was about to hit Kyle in the head with it, but suddenly, someone spoke behind them and a hand stopped the rake from swinging. “There’s no need to do that” said the voice softly.

Ash, Maddy and the dreaming Maddy turned around to see who had spoken.

 Standing there with his hand on the rake was a young man in a Janitors suit. His hair was Blonde and short and he was currently wearing a hat.

The man smiled kindly but there was sadness and worry in his eyes. “Are you guys ok?” he said.

 Suddenly the real Maddy remembered what was going on, the crash in the hallway, Ash throwing his backpack at the zombie. This was a dream but, it was also something that had actually happened a few months ago. Was this like a flash back?

 The dream Ash and Maddy looked at each other.

“Who are you?” Ash asked cautiously.

The man laughed, it was a nice sound but it was halfhearted. “My name is David,” he said tapping his name tag on his suit  “and I’m the janitor for Glade Lake Elementary school, and you?”

“Oh” said Ash looking at the dream Maddy . “I’m Ash and this is Madeline”

“Maddy” She said correcting Ash then looking at David, She noticed he had a lot of tools in his Belt as well as a walkietalkie.

“Yeah I mean Maddy” said Ash frowning.

Suddenly there was the sound of someone slamming against the door.

The dream Kyle Jumped awake “Zombies everywhere! Grab a shovel!” he said half awake. Then looked at where Maddy and Ash used to be sitting and didn’t see them. “Oh crap” he said fully awake now. Then looked and saw them looking at him along with David. “Oh”