Chapter 12

"Hey wake up we gotta get moving."

Maddy opened her eyes. Ash was standing next to her packing his sleeping bag into his backpack. Maddy sat up and rubbed her eyes then looked around. The camp was empty except for Ash and a small boy, who was stomping on the small, now barely lit fire pit from the night before.

"Where is everyone?" asked Maddy.

"I told everyone to get their stuff and gather around that tree over there." said Ash indicating to a small tree not that far away. Maddy could see the figures of everyone tiredly checking their items, making sure they had everything.

"Well arnt you just the little leader now." She said, smiling at him

Ash grinned and lifted his pack onto his shoulder. "I do what I can."

Maddy stood up and started rolling up her sleeping bag. "Why didn't you wake me up with the others?"

"Well, You seemed to be having a pretty interesting dream and it was gonna take everyone awile to get ready anyway, so I didn't wake you." said Ash

"I wish you would've."

"Not a good dream?"

"I dreamed about when we were back at the school...After we first met." Maddy blushed slightly.

"Oh yeah...when the explosions happend"

"Yeah."

There was silence as Maddy stuffed her sleeping bag into her pack.

"Lucky they didn't  explode on the ceiling right above us, right?" said Ash looking at her "Other wise we probably all would have died...."

"Yeah."

There was Silence again. Maddy lifted her pack onto her shoulder. Then sighed and smiled at him "Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah."

They began walking in silence. Only the crunch of the leaves and snow could be heard as they walked.

"So, Have you ever had like a flashback type dream before?" asked Ash, breaking the silence.

"No this was the weirdest, much different then any other dream I've had." said Maddy moving her pack into a more comfortable possition.

"How so?" Asked Ash.

"Well it was kinda like, I was looking at myself and whatever my other self could hear, I could hear, and I couldn't go to far from my other body." Said Maddy frowning.

"So, it was like you were a ghost?" Asked Ash looking at her.

Maddy looked at him and saw he had a stern look on his face.

"Yeah. And whenever I went to far from my actual body it was like an invisible wall would stop me."  Maddy looked at the floor quickly, frowning.

"I had a dream like that the other night to." said Ash frowing.

Maddy looked at him surprised. "really?"

"Yeah I had it when we were back In the tunnel, right before..."  His sentence trailed off and he looked at the floor suddenly with a dark expression on his face.

They walked in silence for a while, then Maddy turned to him and put a hand on his shoulder, making him turn to look at her.

"They'll be okay Ash."

She smiled slightly looking up at him and he smiled back.

They stared at eachother for a second And a slight breeze blew through the trees that seemed to make maddy  snap back to reality and realize what was going on. She blushed and looked down, taking her hand off his shoulder.