21

He didn't come out to see us off. And I didnt look back. The idea of looking back made me want to turn around. But I had Albert beside me talking about how he was looking forwards to Justin meeting a real women and how much he looks forward to seeing his son happy.
And now we're a days ride in and I've not really wanted to talk to anyone. Even Pips worked out I want my space at the minute.
I cant get his face out of my head. How much I'd hurt him. He'd been so honest with me. I kissed him even after that. And then stumped on him. What sort of person am I!
"Trish" I close my eyes and try imagine him away "I dont really know whats going on with you right now... but it needs to stop"
"Brent... can you just not... please"
He sits beside me and just looks out at the trees "You know... when your being confusing. Harjo doesn't like it much and he gets angry at everyone... meaning... me because no one else goes near him"
I chuckle "I dont deserve his loyalty"
"Doesnt matter if you deserve it or not... if you want it or not. If he wants it or not. None of that matters. Hes been through hell and back. All because he could let a human girl learn to live like a human. I dont need to tell you how many fights he had because none of us thought it was right. If you was meant to die. Youd die. If you can't look after yourself... well why should anyone else defend you. And he believed that. Thats what shocked everyone. He had a brother who died because he just couldn't keep himself safe. And thats normal for us. But when he met you... he just... he couldnt let you be defenceless"
All the times he come to see me with new cuts or fresh bruises. I just thought he was clumbsy. It wasnt until a lot later that I realised what was going on. A group of Lycons cornered me and there he was. Standing right in front of me ready to tear into them. And he did. And thats when things changed. They started to accept he wasnt going to let me get hurt. Hell! Brent was the last one to challenge him and Harjo had enough and just told him straight to spend an hour with me and him. And he did. Brent refused to get to close to me but he watched. 4 hours I ran around the trees, laughing and trying to catch Harjos tail. Always got close but never caught it.
And Brent stood by Harjo from that day. If there was a challenge. Brent made sure it was a fair one on one. And if it wasn't. The pair of them was hell! Slowly they started to listen to Harjo and Brent.
And soon I was running with a group of them. Harjo stopped having to take all the abuse a 9 year old would give a giant dog. And they shared it.
Then I hit 16 and Harjo back off. A lot. He visited, but he never was as close as he once was. Until I shot him with an arrow and demanded why he was so distant.
And to be honest, I think he tried to scare me. He told me that everytime he's near me he wanted to bury his dick deep into me... and I remember laughing. I remember thinking 'why would attraction want you to separate yourself'
From that day, he made little sexual comments and soon it become grabs and massive hints. And everyone was just used to him wanting me to the point he'd do anything to convince me.
"So can we sort this out before he goes crazy?"
"I cant tell you Brent... I wish I could" I'd have him kill the king. But then, everything will just turn to hell. They'd kill Brent and Harjo will kill the men. Its just not a good idea!
"So I couldn't help but notice that princy boys been left behind"
"Your smart"
He laughs "not just a pretty face! Harjo said that you'd told him not to come. And I'm guessing that's why you've gone all quiet... you miss him?"
"No" I get up and walk away from me.
"You can keep lying to yourself Trish! But it'll end up harder on you than anyone else!"
I just need to get everyone through this safetly. Thats all I want to do!
I walk towards my horse and the kings stood smiling at me "are you lying to yourself Trish?" I barge past him but he grabs my arm "try something like that again my dear and I wont be so kind"
"I suggest. You take your hands off my queen" I just look up at Albert who glares down at me.
"We'll see what sort of queen you are" he looks behind him before jumping up on his horse.
"Trish. Are you alright?"
I dont look at him "Harjo. I need you to do something for me"
"Anything"
"If I die, make sure he never gets my home. Even if you have to kill him"
"Trish?"
"Please"
"I'll make sure he never gets your home. But your not going to die. So get that out your head"
"He's right" I look up to Matiloni "Patrisha, you're ready for this!"
I don't feel ready. I swing my leg around my horse and close my eyes. Forgive me Justin... but I could never let your father on my fathers throne.
"If, I do... make sure you both see to it Justin gets it. You're both my witnesses"
They look between each other and nod "if it'll make you feel better"
"It will. Thank you"