26

"TRISH! Come on sweetheart!"
"What the hell happened?!"
"Trish!" What? "There you are! Alright! You're ok" I'm picked up. Whats going on?! I kick out and nearly fall but I land. Backing away from everyone "Trish?" Pip steps up to me "you alright?"
No! No! Im not alright?! He came back into the room! She would have made war if I wasnt safe! The way he looked at me the last time I saw him...
And I was to much of a brat to understand any of it! "Pip... I-I..."
"Wow! Calm down!" He takes my arms.
"Trisha?"
I look up at him and laugh "they loved me!... They love me" I fall to my knees and wrap my arms around myself "they did"
"Right... come on princess!" I'm picked up and thrown over Pips shoulder "I have something to show you"
"They loved me Pip"

We get to the front of the castle and he puts me to my feet and he doesnt need to tell me where to go. Its where he always took me when I was at my lowest. I lead the way and he chuckles, pushing me and I push him back "did you ever imagine this?"
... "no... I imagined a ruin... its hardly changed"
He laughs "you're telling me" I look over at the swing... "I had to change the ropes... theyd rotten with age. I thought you might would like this... I cant imagine how this is all... you know"
"Effecting me... I know... can you make me a promise Pip?"
He laughs and jumps up on the swing "no! What do you need?"
"When Im queen... when I'm... will you bring me to the swing?"
He jumps down smiling "I dont need to promise that Trish..." he strokes the hair out of my face "youve had too many promises broken... I'm not going to promise you anything... But I will be there. Every! Damn time! You need me there!"
I smile "it was always me and you huh Pip... no matter what"
He smiles "shut up Trish... get on the swing" I nod and sit on the swing. And he kneels in front of me, kissing my forehead "no matter what" he shakes my hair. He jumps up on the swing and starts it going "So! Princess... if you could be anything! What would you be?"
I laugh as we go back and forth "I would be me"
He stops swaying and lets the swing take us as we go "good! Now who are you Trish?"
"Im Trish"
"No you're not... and you know that now"
... who am I... "Im Patricia Redgrave!"
He laughs "yeah you are!"
"Im princess Patrisha Redgrave!" We both laugh.
And we swing forward, but for some reason. We dont go back. We just fly forwards. I hit the ground and he lands on top of me "god damn!" He curses. I look back at the swing and the snapped rope. I laugh and hit his chest "you could have checked it!"
"Yeah! Well I know that now!' He groans as he gets up "I think were a little heavier than we once was" I laugh and lie back on the ground. He lies next to me "dont forget me when your with all the high and mightys ok?"
"But do you not know, that queens do no bother with the lowly"
"The lowly!"
"You always had a way of making her laugh again, didnt you" we look up and Toby smiles down at us "what are you talking about?"
"Nothing. Trish doesnt want to associate with 'the Lowly!'"
Toby chuckles "well! I'll be the butler again! I can't imagine it'll be harder than raising you two" he lies down and we all look to the blue sky "maybe we can get a dog"
I look over at him "I like that idea"
"Trish?" Yeah? I look over and Brents stood at the tree... oh Brent! I jump up and face him. He looks around, trying not to look me in the eye "are you alright?"
"I will be... are you alright?"
"Yeah! Yeah, of course... he uh... he was a pain in the arse" he nods and coughs up the lump in his throat "we want to burn him... but we're on your land, so... we dont really have a say"
He really thinks that?! I step up to him and he shakes his head "you really think I'd tell you what to do with him" Brent looks to the floor "you are my friends! I'd never deny you that... he deserves a real goodbye..."
He nods "yeah... god Im going to miss him! He was a pain in the arse but... but he was-"
"I know" I bite my bottom lip and wrap my arms around him "I know Brent"