27

He looks so peaceful. He looks like he always did when he felt lazy and would nap right in the middle of something. And I don't know if it makes me want to smile or cry. I step up to the podium and stroke his hair back "your such an idiot... I love you" I lean down and kiss him gently "Ill see you again Harjo" I get up and step away. I go to stand behind Brent but he takes my arm and makes me stand beside him. I get a lot of looks from both the humans and the Lycons but they all bow down "he was the best warrior among us! He was respected... and he was understanding... and he was more than us... he saw more to this world than we let ourselves. And we will continue to follow that if we can... it wont be easy! But if anyone knows what it was to fight for something... he did! Harjo!"
"Harjo!"
They all bow their heads and Brent takes the fire. Throwing it on the wood and it goes up instantly. I watch his face behind the flames and I get a sick feeling. Why did we have to burn him! But its too late to do anything about it now. All we can do is think about his life. How much of a character he was. He was always so honest. So genuine.
"Are you alright?"
I look to Matiloni and just nod "I know it doesnt mean much coming from me... but he was a good man. Very brave"
"yeah he was"
"He didnt even hesitate once Toby was denied... its against our believes Patrisha. Im sorry"
"I know" death is death. Its to be accepted.
"But I will follow him... We will keep a peace with the Lycons as long as they keep it too" i know Brent heard him but hes looking at his leader. He really never liked the elven people. He turns to Matiloni "I tell you what! I will keep the truce for the pure fact Trish taught us we aren't always right... dont expect any friendship bracelets" a lot of the Lycons look his way. Obviously not happy with the fact that  Brent spoke for them. I know what Harjos death means. Their going to challenge each other.
I'm not going to let him get hurt!
I won't let him...
I hear the growls and I pull my blade pointing it over to them "don't"
"I'll challenge him" he growls...
"You can't... because I just challenged you" I look over at him.
"No!" Brent grabs my arms "don't be stupid!"
I smile "it's what I'm good at" I tap his cheek and pull free "Its only fair I have these" I only have my daggers. But I'm hoping that's all I need.
Brent growls and hits down on the fence "he died for you!"
"And I'm fighting for his pride!"
The Lycon chuckles "you really think you have a chance?"
I shrug "I had a great teacher"
He laughs and charges at me.
But gets knocked to the ground... no! I run at the Lycon and stamp down on his face before he bites down on Justin face.
Justin grabs me and pulls me behind him "what are you doing?" He growls back at me not taking his eyes of the Lycon
"I challenged him"
"You what?! How do you get out of it?"
"I beat him"
Justin shakes his head "no... I wont sit back and watch-"
"You have too... it'll be fine" the Lycon growls as he gets back on his legs "Justin... I have to"
He growls him self and moves away. Standing with Brent whos chuckling at him. I keep my eyes on the Lycon though. He swipes at my ankle bringing me to my knee. And he obviously thinks he's winning. But I take the blade and slash it across his face. He jumps back half howling, half screaming.  His eyes been cut open and he'll be blind out of it.
Problem is. Hes angry.
He charges at me. Crashing into my stomach knocking me back to the ground.
I role back and kick up, trying to get him off me. But his jaw keeps snapping down. I can't... he's to damn strong! Holding him by his throat to keep away from me.
Im! Not! Dying here! I take the blade and stab into his leg. Kicking up into his stomach and launching him off me. Jumping to my feet and run after him. Jumping on his back and wrapping my arm around his throat. But he flips me on my back. Putting his huge paw on my chest.
"Trisha! No! Get off me!" I hear Justin struggling and look over at him behind pinned by Brent.
Brent nods at me...
I look back to the Lycon whos drools flowing down into me... he takes a breath and goes to roar. But I lift my blade through his bottom jaw, pinning his mouth shut and going through his skull. He makes a whimper before falling onto me..
I push him off and stand. The circle of Lycons all look on.  Looking between each other "anyone else!" Justin looks around half panicked. Brent stands there with a small smile looking smug and proud. I throw my hair back from my face "I don't want to fight you... this stops!"
I throw my daggers into the ground and walk away. Matiloni takes my arm and pulls me into him. Holding me "You've found your life Patrisha... you will always have our support... but I'm not the man you need... or deserve. Justin will be good for you... you can live happy lives and die old together... I'm going to leave... this is your adventure Patrisha. Enjoy it"