30: Call it what you want

Call it what you want

I back to my normal routine now. Go to cafe after school, wipe the table, arrange the bills on counter, sweeping, moping, and now I sit on the chair and sigh continuously. This is so tired.

I heard someone walk in so I quickly stand up and waiting for someone to come to the counter and order. I see Erik alone, come towards me. His fingers tapping the table, probably thinking what to drink. I stare at him.

It's been a while, isn't? I haven't seen you for a while. It's like...

Erik, I miss you.

He smiles at me "Rosie? I never thought I would see you here. It's been a while, isn't?"

Rosie

It's been a while

I feel breathless

Someone give me the oxygen now!

"Yeah, right." I just replied that. I don't know. I'm super duper nervous now. Don't ask me to reply something else because I can't think! He ordered and then sit on the table, which is near the window, but little bit far away from the counter. There's not that many customers at the cafe today. So it's just me and Alice.

As I told Alice about his order, I look at him, which is waving his hand. Probably wants me to sit with him. I look at Alice. She looks like she understands what happened. So she approves, and then whispers to me 'good luck'. I laugh.

I pull the chair and sit in front of him. He smiles and says "I don't know, Rosie. I just feel like this."

"Feel what?"

"I feel that.. I miss you. This whole damn time"

I snapped. He misses me. Oh my god! Butterflies everywhere!

"Uhmm"

"I'm sorry for avoiding you. I'm sorry for not telling you about my relationship..." He sighs "We broke up. She cheats on me. I still love her,"

....

How can you miss me but love your ex? This whole damn things need to stop. He still loves his ex.

Who doesn't?

Forget about being with him, Rose. Impossible.. "That...must be hurt" are all I said.

But then he looks at me and smiles "but I can't compare to you. You're strong. You look happy even though you have many problems inside. How did you do it?"

"I.. uhh.."

"You're cute as hell. Why are you still single?"

Cat got my tounge. I need someone who can answer this. Alice, please brings the coffee now. Like.. right now!

I replied "Uhm... Maybe it's because... I like someone, but I'm kinda afraid that he'll not like me back"

"Who the hell would reject you, Rose?"

You, maybe

"Heh. Call it what you want, then"

"Then give me your damn number,"

I suprised "what?"

"You want me to call you, right? So give me your number."

I laugh..

••••••••

As I get out from the car, I see Linda is watering the plants. I smile and quietly walk to her, and hug her from behind. She suprises as she pour the water at me. I scream "it's me! Rose!"

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry."

I laugh "no, it's fine"

Linda groans. She gets in the house and babbling about how stupid I am for doing that. I just laugh.

And then I look at the sky. It's pretty. It's purple but kinda blue. I don't know. It's just that... It's pretty. I take out my phone, and take some pictures of the sky. I put in on my status on my WhatsApp. I smile.

And then I open the door. As I get in the house, my phone beeps. I look at the notification.

Erik replied to your status

I grin continuously