Goodbye

We woke up Sunday morning to hearing someone screaming downstairs. Luke rushed out of bed and I followed behind.

We found Emma in the kitchen standing on the island.

"Mom what's wrong?!" Luke asked.

"THERE'S A FUCKING SPIDER RIGHT THERE!" She screamed.

Luke just shook his head and stomped on the spider.

"There you go mom."

We walked into the living room and I turned on the T.V.

"I'm assuming that happens often?" I asked.

"Yea she has a phobia of spiders I lost count how many times I thought she was getting murdered but it was just a spider."

I just laughed and shook my head. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down to lay on the sofa.

"Can we go back to bed? I'm tired." Luke whined.

"Fine lets go."

We went back up to bed but I couldn't go back to sleep so when I knew Luke was fast asleep I decided to have a shower and go down and help Emma with things around the house. It was her day off and she didn't get many of them so I told her to relax.

I was sweeping the kitchen when I heard someone who assumed was Luke walking down the stairs. He was mumbling and still had his eyes closed. He was sleep walking. I was trying hard not to laugh.

He stopped in the kitchen so I though it would be funny to wake him up. I stood in front of him and yelled.

"BOO!"

His eyes flew open and he fell onto his butt on the cold hard kitchen floor.

"Y-Your... Face!" I said in between laughter.

Luke stayed sitting on the ground and he looked scared. I felt bad now maybe I shouldn't have done that.

"Luke?"

He didn't respond he just pulled his legs up to his chest and put his face in between his legs.

I bent down so I was down to his level. I put my hand on his knee.

"Luke I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that I didn't realize it would scare you."

He looked at me with tears running down his face. What the heck?!

"I-I was having a bad dream when you scared me and I thought you were going to kill me."

Oh shit. I never knew someone can sleepwalk when they were having a bad dream.

"I'm so sorry Luke it was just a joke."

He brought his knees from his chest and I wrapped my arms around him to comfort him. He was pretty shaken up.

"It's okay. I'm just messed up and have bad dreams and I can't even make new friends at school all I have is you and mom and dad."

"You're not messed up Luke. You're the most amazing person I've ever met in my life. You're the only person my age who's ever been kind to me and you don't judge me like everyone else does and that's what I love about you. I'm sorry you can't make new friends. It's probably because you hang out with me, they all hate me."

That just made him cry even more. Was I that horrible at cheering people up.

"Why are you crying still Luke, I was trying to cheer you up. I can see that didn't work to well."

"I-I'm crying because I'd be totally lost without you in my life. You have no idea how much you help me."

Well then. I guess I do help him.

"You help me too Luke. Trust me you do. It is weren't for you I'd still be living at my house with my dad beating me."

Luke broke away from our hugging position to look into my eyes. He caressed his thumb over my cheek and just kept staring at me.

"I'm going to make sure no one ever lays a hand on you again." Luke said strongly.

"Well sorry to tell you Luke but you kind of have your hands on my right now."

He dropped his hand from my face and stood up. I stood up with him. He had a smirk on his face.

"Well I'm the only one aloud to touch you." He said smiling.

"Oh really now what if I don't want you to touch me?" I asked.

His smile fell and he looked at the floor awkwardly.

I wrapped my arms around him. Pulling him closer to me.

"I'm just kidding Luke."

"Oh okay."

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Just stay home. I'm tired."

"Awh come on, you're no fun." I grumbled.

Luke just laughed as he walked into the kitchen. I followed right behind him.

"Please. Please. Please can we do something?" I asked.

"Sure what do you want to do?" He asked.

"Let's go skating. I always wanted to learn how to skate." I exclaimed.

"Wait you don't know how to skate?" Luke asked.

"No. I was never taught."

"Well today's the day you learn."