ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹

Moving along the border, Bramblestar couldn't help but look towards the meadow that was now ValleyClan's territory. She watched the long grass swaying in the wind, though all she could see was fire.

She was worried about the dream she had a few nights ago. She hasn't told Mintbreeze or even Pikemouse about it. She was afraid that they may no idea what it means. She knew that all dreams had hidden meanings and she knew that if a medicine cat didn't know what a dream was about, Bramblestar might as well not mention it to Mintbreeze.

"Bramblestar?"

Blinking, she turned her head to Citrussong. The ginger she-cat was watching her with nervous eyes.

"Yes?" The leader asked, watching her.

"Are you alright? You don't seem like yourself today."

Bramblestar knew she was correct. Though the leader didn't want her to be worried.

"I'm fine," she told her, "though speak for yourself. How are you feeling?"

Citrussong gave a chuckle as Bramblestar had gestured to her growing belly.

"Is Smokefeather treating you well?" Bramblestar questioned.

Citrussong gave a purr and nodded. "He's been very excited."

Bramblestar gave a purr and then gesture for the she-cat to follow her. The ginger cat turned to follow her. The two cats made their way after the patrol, who were now a few fox-lengths away.

"Are you joining the nursery soon then?" Bramblestar asked.

Citrussong gave a nod. "Mintbreeze suggests I do so."

Citrussong then gestures to the mottled brown tom that was talking to Mapleleaf.

"Have you two talked about kits?"

Bramblestar looked over at her mate and then gave a nod. "We have. Though I am the leader and I don't think it's the right time."

Citrussong only purred and then chuckled. "I see. Well, I hope you join me soon. It'll get lonely in there alone."

Bramblestar blinked as Citrussong picked up her pace to catch up to the patrol. The leader stopped and then looked at her paws.

Kits? She thought. Me? A mother? She didn't know how to go about that. She gave a sigh and she moved to catch up to the patrol.

xxxx

"Snowwish, what happened?"

Her deputy stumbled into camp, her shoulder bleeding.

"BoulderClan," the deputy told her. "They jumped my patrol."

Bramblestar felt anger rise in her belly as she looked at the cats that were in Snowwish's patrol. Robinheart was bleeding from a cut in his head, Hawktalon was bleeding from his shoulder and flank, and lastly, Badgerbite had a torn ear and bleeding from his flank.

Bramblestar hissed as she watched Pikemouse go over to his brother.

"What will we do?" Snowwish asked as Mintbreeze was treating her.

What will I do? She questioned herself as she looked at her angry clanmates. Her gaze moved to her paws before she growled. The gathering... We can learn what's happening in the other clans.

"There's a gathering soon," She told them. "We do not know what is happening within their clan. As anger as I am, I wish to know what is going on before we take action..."

She could almost feel her clanmates anger at her words, but, Bramblestar wanted what was best for her clan. Blindly running into a battle without knowing what's going on would be foolish.

"Look closely. StarClan wants to show you something."

Bramblestar blinked when the words came to her again. Her amber gaze moved to her clanmates, looking closely as Ryewillow had suggested. Her gaze went from Cloverfoot, Puddlemist and then to Citrussong. Nothing stood out to her in any way. Bramblestar then looked over to Pikemouse. Her mate was tending to his clanmates. She watched him for a long moment, before she gave a sigh as she looked up to the sky.

StarClan. What do you want from me?