ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

Narrowing her eyes, Bramblestar watched as Patchedstar and Shimmerstar pad into camp, warriors following them. It had been a moon since the gathering and all Bramblestar knew is what Snowwish had told her. The patrols had estimated around ten new cats within BoulderClan's ranks and now Bramblestar can see that they clearly gathered more. 

"Greetings, Bramblestar," Patchedstar called with a cool, almost friendly tone. 

"Do you need something?" Bramblestar questioned as she watched Patchedstar moved confidently around her camp like he owned the place.

"I do actually," he meowed as his caramel eyes glimmered as he set them on Shimmerstar.

The sleek black she-cat's eyes flashed with uncertainty before her amber eyes glared at Bramblestar. Bramblestar felt a strange feeling rise in her belly as she watched the two leaders.

"Alright," Bramblestar spoke up as she watcher her deputy come to her side as well as Smokefeather and Pikemouse. "What is it that you need?"

Patchedstar settled himself next to Shimmerstar, before Bramblestar heard their clanmates snicker. 

"I'd like for your clan to leave this forest, my clan, PatchedClan will be taking your land," Patchedstar meowed, "Shimmerstar has joined me and if you don't oblige, we will drive you out."

This is absurd! Bramblestar flattened her ears as she looked at her own clanmates. Yowls of protest come from her clanmates as they clearly thought that Patchedstar's suggestion was clearly out of the question. Bramblestar's own anger was making a pit in her belly as her fur bristled and she bared her fangs at him.

"Out of the question!" She hissed. "You have no right to push my clan out of it's home!"

Patchedstar grinned, the black-and-white tom pressing himself against Shimmerstar. Bramblestar noted the brief look of pure discomfort in the other leader's eyes.

"Out of the question, you say?" Patchedstar told her, "then I have another option. Join my clan as my mate then I'll let your clan join mine and you can still hunt in your forest."

Bramblestar immediately understood what happened and why ValleyClan wanted to hunt on her land. Though hearing Pikemouse hissing threating statements at Patchedstar brought her back to the present.

"Absolutely not!" Bramblestar yowled, "You have no power over me or Shimmerstar!"

Shimmerstar's eyes lit up, but as Patchedstar snapped at the other leader. Appalled by his behavior towards Shimmerstar and her clan, and now towards PineClan, Bramblestar immediately lashed her tail.

"PineClan, we stand with Shimmerstar," She announced, his now blazing amber eyes turning to Patchedstar, "Spare her clanmates, attack BoulderClan!"

In an instant, PineClan cats were attacking the BoulderClan cats. Bramblestar soon found herself surrounded by screeching cats and blood. As she attempted to go and help her clanmates, her now enlarge belly had stopped her.

Perhaps the timing of this battle is wrong! She thought as she shrank back from the battle. Near her, she could see Creekpaw and Runningpaw fending off of large russet tabby from the nursery. Bramblestar toke note when she saw Mintbreeze move into the nursery and the leader was quick race over. Something was happening and Bramblestar couldn't fight.