Peter, French, Meds

"I like Peter." Grams randomly brings up at dinner, just after our conversation about whether I should continue reading the Twilight series or not. The books all seemed a little too cleché for my taste.

"Me too." I agree, nodding.

"In different ways, obviously." Grams teases me, a smirk playing at her lips.

"Obviously."

"Kind, smart boy..." She compliments him, even though he's not here. "He's good for you."

I once again nod in agreement, but confused as to why she's telling me this. "Yeah, I think so."

"I would be careful, though..." She speaks, a warning tone to her voice.

I raise my eyebrows at her, questioning her words. "What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious?" She asks, flinging her fork around as she talked. "He's in love with you."

And I couldn't help burst into laughter. Just the way she brought it up was absolutely hilarious. "Oh, Grams..." I shake my head.

"No, really." She insists. "He does, I can see it in his eyes."

"Can you now?" I now begin to tease her, instead of vise versa.

"How do you feel about him?"

"I..." I hesitate, but then decided to just tell her the truth. "I'm crazy about him, I'd say." I respond with. Talking about this to my grandmother was just so foreign to me, so I wasn't the best at it.

"Just... don't grow up too fast, okay? You're both still very young."

"I know, I know."

"And you need to make sure you feel the same way about this boy so you don't hurt him." Grams lectures me, but for good intentions. "You have a tendency to freak out once you realize how close you are to someone."

That's my Grams. Always speaking the cold, hard truth out of love.

"This is different..." I protest.

"Is it?"

"Yes, because I know Peter won't leave me."

I might have this slight fear of getting close to people because I always think they'll abandon me with no explanation. I blame my mother for this one. So I tend to leave them before they get a chance to leave me. This was why I had a new best friend every three months back in England, but I'd say I'm doing better here, trusting people more.

Although, that does kinda terrify me. But I refuse to run away this time.

"Okay... that's good." Grams nods. "Just... think about what I said, okay?"

I nod back, biting my lip, staring down at my plate of pasta. "Okay..."

~~~

"How long are you going to be grounded for?" Alex complains, anxious to do something fun after school.

I shrug. "Eternity."

Being grounded was my lie to Alex since Tony had only aloud me to go four places for the next few months, or until our next mission. We told Ned the truth since he already knows everything else about Peter and I.

"Great news!" I suddenly announce, desperate to change the subject. "I'm only failing one class!"

"Hey, one is better than all of them." Ned points out, because I was, in fact, failing all of my classes only a week ago.

"Which class?" Peter asks, probably thinking he could help me out with whatever it was.

"French." Alex and I say simultaneously.

I furrow my eyebrows, turning only my head to look at Alex. "How did you know?"

"Because I'm in your class and you absolutely suck at it." She explains, scooping the rest of her applesauce out of the cup.

"Rude!"

"You literally thought Bonjour meant Bagels." Alex reminds me of that horrific day. And of course Peter and Ned start laughing and I'm having outrageous flashbacks.

"To be fair, I wasn't paying attention so when he called on me, I just said the first thing that came to mind." I explain, trying to sound convincing.

"Okay, Reece." Alex responds with that sarcastic tone in her voice. "Sure..."

I roll my eyes, although laughing along with her. "So, what now? About failing, I mean..." Peter asks.

"I have to find myself a tutor..." I explain, fixing my gaze back on Alex with a pleading look on my face.

She raises her eyebrows, almost shocked. "You want me to tutor you?"

"Well I don't want some stranger. And they can't tutor me because they take Spanish." I acknowledge Ned and Peter on the other side of the table.

"I'm literally the most impatient person you know." Alex points out.

"I know." I shake my head. "Let's just try it out?"

"And by 'try it out' you mean I'll give you my answers." Alex states, already knowing what I was thinking.

"You know me too well." I wink at her.

"This is like a comedy show!" Ned exclaims, laughing. "I've never been so entertained at school before."

Alex nods, as if already knowing this."Yeah, you're welcome."

~~~

When I have four pills left, I have to get a new round of medicine ASAP, so that I don't run out. I knew when on Friday morning realizing I ran out of my medication, that I was in trouble. I guess I've just been so busy lately that I forgot to tell Grams that I was running low.

And I definitely needed some right now because I instantly started to freak out. "Grams!" I practically shirked.

It took her a minute, but soon she comes charging into the bathroom. "What?! What's wrong?!"

At this point I'm sitting on the floor, curled up into a little ball, sobbing. Grams finds the empty medicine bottle on the counter sink and sighs. She then slowly squats down next to me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Sh, it's okay. It's going to be okay."

Eventually she gets me off my ass to stand up. "It's Friday... the pharmacy won't be open till Monday morning." Grams reminds me, as if I hadn't just been crying over that fact.

I nod, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. "I know, I'm sorry..."

"No, no, no, it's okay." Grams rubs my shoulder in attempt to make me feel better. "We'll get through this, okay? Like we always do."

I nod, even though I knew these were going to be a hard next three days for me. Until I get my meds.

"Go back to sleep, okay? I'll tell Peter you aren't going to work together." Grams instructs, pointing towards my bedroom.

I don't argue as I turn on my heel and stumble my way back to my room, breathing heavily, my body still shaking.