Chapter 4

Location: Magnolia Park
Time: 10:45 a.m.

'Have you ever loved someone?' she said.

It didn't surprise Sting when that sentence had came out of Lucy. He immediately responded, almost as fast as the second she finished.

"Natsu?" he asked, eyes remained closed as a quick breeze washed over; doing a gentle battle between the wind and his bangs that hung at the front of his forehead.

"H-How did yo-"

"I saw." he interrupted. "You and Natsu went into a room, right?"

"D-D-Did you-" Lucy leaned up and slid her leg to the side and turned her body to face Sting, her eyes widened of embarrassment and shock.

"No" he cut her down once again. "I didn't overhear your conversation, but, it was obvious that Natsu acted weirdly and the way he hastily walked out the guild," he explained. "And how you acted after he left..." he finished, remembering how Natsu glared at him as he slowly opened his eyes, following his gaze.

Lucy looked away from Sting and to the open space in the distance where kids were running around. Her eyes now as light as air when another breeze washed over them.

"Do you want to continue telling me about what happened?" he reminded, switching his gaze to Lucy now. "About you and Natsu, so you wouldn't be so stressed out."

"I mean, its fine if you don't feel comfortable with it, of course you don't have to!" Sting quickly added, afraid that he might have had forced Lucy to do it.

"I'll tell you." she replied, assuring Sting with a small curve of her lips which quickly disappeared after. Sting's gaze remained on Lucy— just for a few seconds— consciously admiring her face— before he let his eyes fall and relax once more.

Just when Lucy was about to start speaking, someone grabbed her by her right wrist. Lucy's reaction was fast but not strong, she wasn't able to pull out of the grasp. But she have had got a hint of the person by one look of the hands; it was light brown, it had some nicks and small fresh scars like it was just cut by tree twigs in the forest— it was rough looking— it was a male's hand.

The sudden rustled of the grass and a small yelp had led Sting to react at the second, like a predator catching it's prey the moment it was in sight. Sting stood up, eyes roughly pined on the person while his hand went toward Lucy's, tightly but carefully gripping onto Lucy's left wrist to make sure not to hurt her.

The sun shone brightly, thick dark shadows formed underneath them— Lucy, Sting, and the person whom had kidnapped Lucy's wrist. Lucy's eyes squished close together as the sunlight fought against her eyelids making the view in front of her bright and unclear.

She looked up and trying to avoid the sun, she saw a familiar appearance; spiky hair, muscular arms, it almost looked exactly like Sting, until she realised the familiar scarf wrapped around the person's neck.

Before Lucy could react, Sting had spoke, "Natsu-san?"

Lucy's heart skipped just by hearing his name even though a part of her had already figured out it was him a few seconds ago. Her eyes wandered around in panic, trying to settle her eyes on Natsu as the sunlight continued to fight for her view.