Chapter 7(Edited)

I take a sip of the lemonade before asking, "So, I know your first name but what's your last name?" "Oh, it's Abila. What's yours?" he replies looking up at me from his plate. "Fletcher. So do you have any other siblings?" I ask out of curiosity. "I have an older brother named Ruben," he explains, "How about you?" "Nope, I'm an only child. But if you count Fri, then sure I have a little brother," I reply with a small smile. "I see, so how is it being an only child?" he asks with a smile on his face. "Fine, I guess," I reply before cutting me a piece of steak and eating it. "So I'm guessing your favorite color is purple," he says referring to my hair and sweater. "One of them, yes," I reply before tucking some hair behind my ear. "Oh, so you have others. Which colors?" he asks before taking a bite of his food. "Red, Orange, and Green. What are your favorite colors?" I reply. "Blue, Yellow, and Black." he replies with a side smile.

"Let me ask you a question," he says placing his hand on mine which is resting on the table, "Why do you think you are a damaged package?" I look down with sorrow and reply "The person that gave me these scars, he would say that I was and others around my old school did too." "Well, they obviously don't know you," he says with a smile and squeezing my hand a little, "But who gave you those scars?" I shake my head and wipe away the little bit of tears that escaped with my free hand, "Someone I thought loved me." He squeezes my hand a little tighter before letting go and eating a piece of his steak. I take a drink of the lemonade and look back up at him. "So, enough about that, what is your favorite animal?" he asks. "The fox," I reply, "because in Chinese folklore they represented guides or wisdom." "That is an interesting fact," he says with a husky chuckle. "So, what is your's?" I ask with a side smile as blush rushes to my cheeks. "Mine is the zebra because they represent so many different things," he says. "Like what?" I ask in curiosity. "From what I know they represent community, freedom, balance, and individuality." he replies with his eyes looking off to the left. He is recalling something since it is to his left, if it was to his right then he would be lying.

"That is pretty cool, so you like things like that?" I ask. "Yea, I think they can tell you a lot about life," he replies with a head nod. With our plates pretty much gone I ask "So what do you have planned next?" He smiles and pulls me off the balcony and down the stairs before leaving out the light house. "I was just hoping for a walk on the beach," he says pulling me towards the sandy seashore. I smile as my shoes start to sink into the sand a little bit. I'm happy I grabbed my purse, just in the nick of time. He keeps hold of my hand as we stroll down the beach with the waves crashing against the shore.

*Two Hours Later*

I hear an alert come from my phone, so I check it to notice that it is already eight at night and it was my dad checking up on me. "Hey, Enzo, I have to get going it is getting late," I say looking up at him. "Alright, head to the boat and I will go grab the leftovers," he says kissing me on the cheek. I walk to the dock and try my hardest to get into the boat before I fall into the water with a splash. As the cold water soaks my clothes and I start to run out of breathe I resurface with a deep breathe. I swim to the beach pulling myself out of the water and resting on the sandy shore.

"Hey, what happened?" Enzo asks as he approaches me. "I tried to get in the boat but I fell into the water instead," I say looking up at him. "Are you alright?" he asks covering me with his jacket. I nod and he holds out his hand to help me up, I take his hand and he pulls me to his chest. He wraps the jacket around my shoulders and holds me to try and warm me up. "Let me help you into the boat, come on," he says taking me back to the boat. He lifts me over the water and onto the boat, making me feel like a little kid again. As he lifts me through the air it feels like the moment will never end, we were both looking right at each other. But I can't fall to early, I know what could be the case.

"Thank you," I say looking down at my feet. "Why do you keep looking away? May I ask," he says looking at me with worry in his face. "I'm a shy person when it comes down to it, the confidence is a disguise to hide my insecurities," I explain with a whisper yet loud enough for him to hear me clearly. "Like what?" he asks. "My freckles, they don't go with my face right," I say covering them with the long jacket's sleeves. "Your freckles are beautiful, they go with your quirky personality," he says with a small smile. "Now I have a quirky personality, just great," I say going towards the steering station. He follows me, "But your quirky personality is a good thing. Do you want to be like everyone else?" I turn towards him and shake my head no, "Ok then, stay the same," he replies.