Chapter 8(Edited)

Janet^^^

After school; I am in the principal’s office with the principal, my dad, Janet, and her mom. Principal Repto is completely different than my principal back in Arizona, he is a lot less strict than Mr. Philips. Janet and her mother looked almost like clones except her mother had a mature demeanor, unlike Janet’s which was childish as she sat in the chair with a pouty face looking at her mother. I shake my head and look away from the teenage infant.

Principal Repto wanted Janet and me to get along by saying sorry to each other while shaking hands, to symbolize the truce. I rolled eyes as I heard the smack of Janet’s lips echo throughout the room. The desire to hit her again raised and I clenched my jaw to relieve some stress. As I recognized the spike in my temper a memory flashes past my mind like a hurricane.

*Flashback*

I walk home from Beatrice’s house since she got in a bunch of trouble for going to a party without her parent's permission. A gust of wind blows my hair into my face and I accidentally run into something or someone. I move my hair out of my face and look up to see the kid that saved me from that monster, I think his name was Kyle. “I’m sorry,” I say with a small smile. “It’s ok,” he said sternly before walking away. But I wanted to ask him something.

I jog to catch up to him, “Wait, can I talk to you?” “Not here,” he replies before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards a black car, He lets my wrist go and gets into the car before looking up to me then nodding his head toward the passenger seat. I smile and get into the car, “What questions do you have?” he asks while tying up his hair. “So, why did you help me?” I ask furrowing my eyebrows. “Do you want the dirty truth or the sparkly charm version?” he asks with a serious face. “Dirty truth, I will never answer that question with ‘sparkly charm’,” I say tucking my hair behind my ear.

“I have been stalking you since you moved in on August 21, 20XX. That man was the first step of my plan,” he says as his eyes darken. “What is wrong with you exactly?” I yell out of rage. I feel a hand collide with my face, “Quit fucking yelling,” he said. I open the car door and ball my fists trying to relax before getting out and walking away from the car, my face tingling. He drives the car in front of me and gets out of the car. I back away as he reaches for my wrists, he grabs my right one tightly before forcing me back into the car. “You try to escape and I will hunt you down, I know more than you think,” he says before shutting the door. He gets into the car and starts it up and instinctively I put my seat belt on, not knowing what else to do. I wish I would have attended my dad’s training this week. My phone’s in my bag but it’s at five percent so it will work better when he is away from me. My pocket knife is in my back pocket but if I stab him while he is driving I could die in the process and he would probably be able to get it from me.

*Flashback Ends*

I stand up waiting for Janet to quit throwing her sophomoric fit, soon she stops and stands up with a mean-mug on her face. We shake hands and I grab my stuff off of the chair before leaving out of the office with my dad following behind me. We get into my car, since my dad hadn’t gotten one yet, and head to the store to get more clothes for him. “So, why were you guys fighting?” dad asks looking at me from the passenger seat. “She heard about me and Lorenzo going out last night and then got mad when I told her it wasn’t hers or anyone else’s business,” I reply glancing over at him, “Then she said ‘Do you know who I am?’ and I just told her what I knew.” “What exactly did you say?” he asks lowering the radio’s volume. “I told her that she was the ‘top bitch’ and that I’ve met her type before. Then she swung on me and I dodged it before headbutting her,” I reply with some laughter. “Now, it makes sense,” he said with pride laced in his voice, “Nice job.” I park the car and we head into the giant mall.