Chapter 9(Edited)

Enzo leans down and I kiss him again before pulling away so we could walk back to our spot in the giant gym. "What do you want to start with?" I ask turning around to look at him. "How about burpees?" he says with a smirk. "Fine by me, but let me stretch first," I reply with a small smile. He nods his head and follows along with me as I start my stretching routine. We stretch and spread out before starting the burpees, "How many do you want to do?" he asks before going into his third burpee. "Let's do twenty," I reply before doing my fourth burpee, "then we can move on to planking and plank crunches." He nods his head as a reply before we continue with the workout.

"Time to get dressed," the gym teacher says with a blow of her whistle. I smile at Enzo before heading back to the locker room and get dressed. I touch up my makeup and hair until meeting Enzo at the gym door. "Hey, Enzo," I say looking up at him as he walked beside me. "Yea?" he replies looking down at me. "Give me your arm," I said pulling a marker out from my bag. "Why?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows. "You'll see," I say with a wink. He pulls his sleeve up before sticking his arm out to me. I pull him to the side of the hall and write my phone number on his forearm.

"Your phone number?" he asks with a small smile. "Of course, I was going to give it to you at our date but I forgot," I said returning the smile. "Smile," he says lifting his phone to take a picture. I do a small smile and I could hear the click of the camera, so I look at his phone to make sure it was at least a decent picture, it was. He smiles and I snap a picture, "There we go," I said saving the photo to my phone. He leads me into the class and sits on the right side of me, next to the window as I put my stuff down on my desk.

Lina comes into the room and sits on my left, "Hey, Eliza and Lorenzo" "Hey, Lina," I said looking up at her from my phone. "Um, our group is going down to a beach party at the main beach. You should come," she says placing her stuff down. "Alright, what time does the party start?" I ask with a need to keep my mind off of certain depressing things. "It starts at eight and normally lasts until like midnight, one o'clock," she says grabbing her notebook. "Ok, I'll be there after dinner," I say with a small smile. She nods as a response as the bell sounds loudly throughout the building. Enzo looks over at me in confusion before I explain to him about the beach party.

Mrs. Mander starts class by handing little booklets, on the front cover sat a picture of a marijuana leaf and joints. The first few sentences being: "Teenage marijuana use is at its highest level in thirty years, and today's teens are more likely to use marijuana than tobacco." and "Research shows that marijuana can harm the developing teen brain." I could hear plenty of moans and giggles as Mander headed back up to the front of the class after passing the booklets out. I plop in my headphones and put my head down for the class since my parents have been more than overbearing with things like this, since what happened with him, and most of the things this teacher will say I'm sure I have memorized by now. The thought of my parents or more of the thought of my mom had tears threatening to escape. I wipe my eyes and push the memory out of my mind for now before putting my head back down.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and look up to see Enzo, I look around the room to see almost everyone was gone, so I take out one of my headphones. "Hey, are you ok?" Enzo asks kneeling down to my height in the chair. "Yea, why?" I ask looking down at him as I stand up from the chair. "The bell just rang, but I seen you wipe tears away before Mander started talking," he says standing, with worry showing in his deep eyes. "It's nothing," I say grabbing my stuff. "No it's not," he said as we walked out of the room, "what happened?" "Nothing," I said sternly. "It's not nothing, Gems," he says grabbing my hand, "I can feel that it's not nothing." I keep walking trying to contain the repercussions of my life, so I won't have to involve him in my revenge. "Gems, talk to me," he says stopping in front of me, "Please." I nod my head, "Fine, but we have to go somewhere private," I say with a tear slipping out. "Alright, come with me," he says pulling me to the side door as everyone scatters into their next class.